Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked one up a couple of weeks ago. I have added a red dot scope, ATI stock . This is fast becoming my favorite plinker. The ATI stock is very comfortable and looks just like the Berretta CX4. For $179.00 out the door, it is by far the cheapest fun you can have with a rifle. I am suprised at the accuracy. So far 200 flawless rounds.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, I wish I could get them here in CA. They are illegal by feature. I have played with them when I have been in Nevada though. I am surprised by how heavy they are. There must be hardly any recoil.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
they're not to bad by them selves but the ati stock does add some heft to it.

very low recoil mine has ejection and extraction as well as a few feed problems by hand.. going slow it's ok but pulling the handle back fast and hand cycling it jams up almost every other round..

funny though during fire i did'nt have any problems of the 120 rounds i've shot mine

i put a barska 42mm red dot on it.. it's a cheap scope but os far so good.. was'nt able to get it perfectly zerored yet though but the gun is accurate.

very nice little carbine for the price i agree.

if it was'nt for the locapacity single stack magazines they would be much more tacticool.

·
Registered
384 Posts
muttmutt said:
Picked one up a couple of weeks ago. I have added a red dot scope, ATI stock . This is fast becoming my favorite plinker. The ATI stock is very comfortable and looks just like the Berretta CX4. For $179.00 out the door, it is by far the cheapest fun you can have with a rifle. I am suprised at the accuracy. So far 200 flawless rounds.
Just plunked down the dollars today for one also!! Wish I could say I purchased it for what you paid. It cost me $219 OTD but that included two extra mags. Ordered an ATI stock on line......looks a bit complictated. I might have to message you Muttmtt for help if I get in a bind puting it all together.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
the ati stock is easy to put on the only problem i had was had to drill out the reciver a little bit on the front right sides hole..

the bolts line up perfect with the receiver cover off.. apparently they're not precision cut.
it's still a pita to get it on.. very tight but i was afraid to go chopping on it to much.

although you might get lucky and have it all line up perfect.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations muttmutt. When can we expect to see pictures of your new Hi-Point? ;D

I have a 9mm carbine, although mine is a Ruger PC9.
Accuracy is good, recoil is virtually nil and it's reliable with practically everything -- except PMC Starfire ammo, which it doesn't like.

Everyone should have at least one 9mm carbine in their collection, whether it be the Hi-Point, Ruger, Beretta, Marlin or an AR with a 9mm upper.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Nice to here the ATI Stock is going on that GUN..<:))

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Now if Hi-Point would only release a P945 Carbine.

I had the same hopes for a Ruger PC45 but they never materialized.

·
Registered
384 Posts
joe sixpack said:
the ati stock is easy to put on the only problem i had was had to drill out the reciver a little bit on the front right sides hole..

the bolts line up perfect with the receiver cover off.. apparently they're not precision cut.
it's still a pita to get it on.. very tight but i was afraid to go chopping on it to much.

although you might get lucky and have it all line up perfect.
I'm usually not that lucky joe sixpack. :???: Looking over the directions, I'm a bit concerned about removing and re-installing the magazine release. A quick question for you that have the ATI stock. Does it come with the weaver rails or do you have to purchase them seperately? Like you other owners I want to go with a red/green dot sight.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
the mag release is cake.. you'll have absolutely NO problem with the mag release i promise..

you simply take it out of the original stock (2 pieces.. mag release + spring) you just drop it into the ati and then put the retainer cap on it and you're good to go.

the only problem might be like i said the receiver cover.

i had heard that there is a flaw with the ati not fully supporting the action and causing it to break after a few 100 rounds.. honestly after i had looked over both stocks if anything i think the ati supports it better.. it also has a rubber recoil buffer.

the original stock is cheap once you get it off the gun you'll see how flimsy they are.
the ATI stock is very nicely put together and appears to be a durable and high quality stock imo.

the carbine comes with a rail you have to take the iron sights off they are attached to the reciver cover.. so the stock does'nt come with one but the carbine does.. if you bought your's used and dont have a rail call hi-point they will most likely send it out to you free.

i'll see if i can get a snap shot of mine tomorrow. i just have a cheap barska red dot, but i must say if it survives the recoil it's not a bad little scope.. i also got their .22 plinkster scope for my savage 64.. not had a chance to go zero it but the scope is very nice for a 30 dollar scope.

i can't really endorse them because i dont know how durable they are yet but i like what i see so far.

only thing i dont like about the .22 scope i got was everything is metal except the nuts on it.. you can either use a screw driver or hand tighten.. they are plastic and im worried they might break at some point..

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks for the info joe sixpack! I had to order mine since the local gun shop only had the 40SW's in stock. As far as red dots go, I haven't made up my mind what I'm going to go with yet. Needless to say, It won't be a really exspensive one since I can't justify a $200 scope on a $200 carbine! I want to take my time and have some fun putting the whole package together. As soon as the stock arrives, I'm taking it and the receiver cover to my local body shop and having them paint it AUG green. If they will do it, I also would like them to paint the body of the red dot the same color. Looking around for a nice ( and cheap ;)) bi-pod to round out everything. As soon as I get this all accomplished, I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the pics with the ATI stock

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rainman, It only took me about 1/2 hour to install the stock. It is very simple. I did have to run a drill bit through the carrier to get the bolts in. You will need to order the weaver rails seperate. They do not come with the stock. The cheapest place I found for the stock is Bud's. The rest I ordered from milsurpstuff.com. PM me and I can help you with a 5% discount code at checkout. Very good people to deal with and had it it hand in two days!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
muttmutt said:
Rainman, It only took me about 1/2 hour to install the stock. It is very simple. I did have to run a drill bit through the carrier to get the bolts in. You will need to order the weaver rails seperate. They do not come with the stock. The cheapest place I found for the stock is Bud's. The rest I ordered from milsurpstuff.com. PM me and I can help you with a 5% discount code at checkout. Very good people to deal with and had it it hand in two days!!
muttmutt, thank you! Dealer said about a week for delivery on the carbine and I ordered the stock yesterday from rrarmed.com. I'll take you up on your generous offer as soon as all the "pieces" show up on my front door step. Still a bit foggy, after reading ATI's instructions so any help you can give an old man is much appreciated.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Oh by the way muttmutt, very nice looking rig! is that a BSA red dot? I like the looks fo the compinsator also. Sure dresses up an otherwise ugly duckling.

(yea, I know.....double post. But who's counting!)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is a Walmart Special BDA red dot. I think it ran $29.95. Feel free to pm me with any questions once you recieve the stock.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
nice, is that rubber butt pad on it as well? i did'nt get one with mine the recoils pretty soft as it is.

i wanna put a flash light on mine as well but i want it under the barrel.. i wanna put a shroud on mine but if i do i wont beable to put the light on.. im hopping to find a shroud with a rail on the bottom but the only ones i've seen like that are for shotguns.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The weaver kit from ATI can mount just about everywhere. There may be room to mount it on on the bottom. I ordered the soft butt pad to add a little length as I have long arms. It adds a little length that makes it more comfortable for me. Did not get it for the recoil. I borrowed the light from my SKS. I like the looks so I guess I will be ordering another one.

·
Registered
384 Posts
muttmutt said:
The weaver kit from ATI can mount just about everywhere. There may be room to mount it on on the bottom. I ordered the soft butt pad to add a little length as I have long arms. It adds a little length that makes it more comfortable for me. Did not get it for the recoil. I borrowed the light from my SKS. I like the looks so I guess I will be ordering another one.
Sounds like I need to spend some more money :D

joe sixpack said:
nice, is that rubber butt pad on it as well? i did'nt get one with mine the recoils pretty soft as it is.

i wanna put a flash light on mine as well but i want it under the barrel.. i wanna put a shroud on mine but if i do i wont beable to put the light on.. im hopping to find a shroud with a rail on the bottom but the only ones i've seen like that are for shotguns.
OK....and a little more money.

·
Registered
959 Posts
muttmutt,... Nice Pics... You did a Nice Combo of Parts, to make that ugly duckling into a Good looking, and "Tactical BLACK Gun"...<:)) FUN at the Range For Sure...<:))

1 - 20 of 26 Posts