Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed how quiet my 4095 carbine is. Along with being very accurate, very reliable, and easy to maneuver.

Recently studying up on AR15 pistols in 300 BlackOut and either subsonic or supersonic, suppressed or unsuppressed. And then I saw how much suppressors cost!!!!!!!! I still have not settled on supersonic 125 grain Fiocchi SST or a 208 Hornady subsonic A-max as a home defense load for the AR15. Seems the Fiocchi hit real hard, expand and break up while a 208 Hornady had reports of going straight through the target with no expansion. Either way, unsuppressed, it's going to be real loud. I think I saw where a 220 gr Remington 300 BO was 156 decibels compared to 120 decibels suppressed.

Then we have the the 180 grain Federal HST JHP which, out of a Hi Point 16 inch carbine, 1142 fps and 521 foot lbs will hit hard and expand, AND it is quiet. Yep, the Hi Point only has 10 rd mags but the 15 rd from Magpul works great. Also, 180 grain FMJ's go thru barriers.

It has been pointed out that, when you have to actually engage someone invading your home, you are not going to be that concerned with the decibels.

So, any feed back will be helpful.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
You think that's quiet, the 995 sounds like it's just a hair over the crackle of a .22 LR. There's been days i forgot to put my plugs back in after a target clear at the range, and only remember because someone is shooting something large bore on the 100 yard line.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I had no idea Magpul was making mags for HiPoint... I want some, but can't find a source. Do you have a link?

Reactions: vboy36

·
Super Moderator
36,800 Posts
The only aftermarket mags that Hi_Point will sanction are the Red Ball mags. They claim that others may cause damage to the gun that they won't warranty.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
The hi point boys over at https://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forums/ say that the ProMags will work but will void your warranty per Hi Point's documentation. Red Ball is the only aftermarket mag approved by Hi Point. HP even sells them on their (HP's) website. I am this >< close to buying a 995TS and will buy new if I can't score a pawnshop find in a week or so. SMGA has them for $249 w/ free shipping. Not a bad deal.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Super Moderator
36,800 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
The hi point boys over at https://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forums/ say that the ProMags will work but will void your warranty per Hi Point's documentation. Red Ball is the only aftermarket mag approved by Hi Point. HP even sells them on their (HP's) website. I am this >< close to buying a 995TS and will buy new if I can't score a pawnshop find in a week or so. SMGA has them for $249 w/ free shipping. Not a bad deal.
Hi Point is going to release a new C9 pistol with funneled double stack mag. The mag is deigned to fit into the standard action of the C9, which would also allow it to be used in the carbine with some minor modifications. There should be a 20 rounder available later this fall or next spring.

hipointmag.JPG

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/22/shot-2019-new-c9-hi-point-pistol/

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm thinking he meant Promag for his hipoint.
Thanks, once0217 and sorry for the confusion. Yes Promag. But....Hi Point only voids the warranty if ProMags are used on the 995ts not on the 4095 or the 45 or the 10mm (don't even know if promags makes them). But I have been around and around with Hi Point and with the Hi Point blog, the warranty void only applies to the 995 carbine. That is good news that they are coming out with a double stack mag for the 995, may be they will do that for the 4095. I have never had one feeding issue with any bullet with the 4095 but I had so many feeding issues with the 995 that I got rid of it and bought the Ruger 9mm PCC

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Just do it! I have been contemplating a 995TS for years now.... finally did it and wishing had gotten one sooner!! I highly doubt you'll regret it and you will likely have a tough time finding a good deal used as they seem to hold the value unless you get it private.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
I never bothered buying extra mags for mine, still have the 2 factories it came with when I bought it. As much as I hate to admit it because they feel kinda flimsy, they've been utterly reliable and the only thing I can think of that ever jammed the gun was when I didn't fully seat the magazine. I've contemplated buying a second one in higher caliber, but just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
813 Posts
I had a 4095 and loved shooting it. Ended up trading it to my brother for a Taurus 905. My main beef with the 4095 was the magazines. It had some kind of funky plastic spacer in it. I was never really sure that the rounds were lined up right because occasionally they looked "nose down" in the mag. I finally decided that after 50 years fooling around with firearms that It was my fault.....maybe not.

·
Super Moderator
36,800 Posts
I had a 4095 and loved shooting it. Ended up trading it to my brother for a Taurus 905. My main beef with the 4095 was the magazines. It had some kind of funky plastic spacer in it. I was never really sure that the rounds were lined up right because occasionally they looked "nose down" in the mag. I finally decided that after 50 years fooling around with firearms that It was my fault.....maybe not.

The good news is that they are still selling them! and in 10mm also!!:)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
How mechanically inclined are you? You could build your own suppressor and save some money. Check out this company as they have some parts you could use. They even have a guide to help you fill out the Form 1 to stay on the up and up.

https://quietbore.com/

I have noticed how quiet my 4095 carbine is. Along with being very accurate, very reliable, and easy to maneuver.

Recently studying up on AR15 pistols in 300 BlackOut and either subsonic or supersonic, suppressed or unsuppressed. And then I saw how much suppressors cost!!!!!!!! I still have not settled on supersonic 125 grain Fiocchi SST or a 208 Hornady subsonic A-max as a home defense load for the AR15. Seems the Fiocchi hit real hard, expand and break up while a 208 Hornady had reports of going straight through the target with no expansion. Either way, unsuppressed, it's going to be real loud. I think I saw where a 220 gr Remington 300 BO was 156 decibels compared to 120 decibels suppressed.

Then we have the the 180 grain Federal HST JHP which, out of a Hi Point 16 inch carbine, 1142 fps and 521 foot lbs will hit hard and expand, AND it is quiet. Yep, the Hi Point only has 10 rd mags but the 15 rd from Magpul works great. Also, 180 grain FMJ's go thru barriers.

It has been pointed out that, when you have to actually engage someone invading your home, you are not going to be that concerned with the decibels.

So, any feed back will be helpful.
Thank you!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts