Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and to owning a Taurus. I picked my first up from a local dealer that had a Titanium .357 4" in stock. The gun was "new" but had been in inventory for sometime. I can't find any info about the pistol on the Taurus website or really anywhere on the interet, which I find a little odd. I've found a few other of the same model for sale, but very little information.

The pistol is 616ti 4" .357 revolver that chambers 6 rounds. As I mentioned, I have no idea when it was actually produced, even though I just purchased it.

Compared to other Taurus titanium revolvers, I got what I thought was good deal ($450). The gun hadn't been fired before and I love the weight and balance. The quality and fit and finish are quite high and I'm very pleased with the gun... I'd just like to know a little more about it as there are some additions/changes I'd like to make that require detailed specs.

Thanks, looking forward to getting to know everyone around here.

Incidently, this is my second pistol and first revolver. I've only recently grown interested in target shooting with pistols. It's been a ton of fun and I can already tell I'm hooked for good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey everyone, thanks for the kind replies.

The pistol shoots like a dream. I've put about 100 .38 specials and 75 .357's through it so far. It is very well balanced with very smooth action (even when firing double action). It took me a box or so of rounds to get the sight figured out, but after that it's been shooting very true.

That does bring me to another question, though. This pistol has a fixed sight and even though it's true, I don't really like it. This is going to be my hunting/hiking/camping backup/protection side arm and I'm thinking I'd really like to put a small red dot sight on it for accuracy. However, I have no idea how that could be done as this model doesn't have a scope rail nor is it pre-drilled for one. With the 4" barrel it would be tough to fit a full sized rail on it.

Is anyone aware of any alternate mounts for pistol red dot sights?

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts