Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Before you spend a large sum of money for a red post for your front sight, you might want to try this trick. I'm sure you have seen painted front sight ramps before. Most people use fingernail polish or somesuch and it is not very bright. I use Testors model paints on my front sight. To do this so that the colors stands out you need a base of white. Thats the secret. I buy the acrylic paints that clean up with water and use a round toothpick to apply.

Just paint the ramp with the white and allow it to dry. I use the floresant orange for the top color. You can also use floresant green. I buy them at Hobby Lobby. The good thing about the acylic paints is if you get it on something you don't want it on it cleans right off with water unless it is dried. Using a toothpick is easier and neater than a brush. You just roll on the paint. A thinner coat works best. I have also bought a couple of guns that had the rear sight blade stamped with a groove for a white outline but no color. I painted the groove with the toothpick also. Hope this helps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.