Very nice!

·
Registered
7,648 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Better, but the Amazon description says "Fits most Hi-Point nine-millimeter carbines; does not fit new Hi-Point 995TS, or 40- and 45-calibers"
I saw that also, but other sources either say it works or can be modified with a Dremel to make it work. It voids the warranty of course but if you keep the OEM stock you could switch back to send it in if needed. I also saw where folks were selling their OEM stocks on auction...would probably more than pay for the cost of the ATI stock.

·
Super Moderator
35,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Reactions: Ironmagz

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Here is my 995TSFG, with an inexpensive Center Point red dot:

I got the Pro Pack from Hi Point, and also removed that useless rail, under the barrel. I love this gun, and want to pick up the 4095TS.

·
Registered
27,135 Posts
I thought a bit about which caliber to get and picked the 9mm for capacity...cost of ammo is negligible as I load both. The 10mm is very attractive and may be a future "need" once they are out for awhile and the cost comes down a little.
I have the .40, but I have to admit to a minor fantasy about the 10mm. Don't tell Otter.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
35,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I have the .40, but I have to admit to a minor fantasy about the 10mm. Don't tell Otter.

One of the best things is that the relatively low cost lets them fly under the radar...looks like an order for reloading components! :)

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Here's an option for the "ugly" under 40 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/ATI-Hi-Point-Carbine-Stock-Buttpad/dp/B0014VX0L0

View attachment 426293

I hear that they are not easy to detail strip for cleaning, but they say that you can wait 1500 rounds before doing so.

Interesting thread. I have one that my wife loves to shoot. She calls it her eotwawki gun! Accurate, No recoil, short enough to handle comfortably, and she enjoys shooting it. I can't remember the last time I shot it.

When I saw your link for the replacement stock I thought well let me get one and dress up her little carbine. I told her about it and she said no way. It's not broken don't fix it! Okay then, so much for that idea. I was looking through the rifle racks thinking I'd take the gun to the range and shoot it after all this time. Surprise, surprise, I must have traded for another one because in the racks I found two. Both of them are the old Planet of the Apes version. So I checked out the link, ordered the stock, and it came in last Thursday or Friday. Now as soon as I can get off my butt and switch out the stocks I will get it to the range and post a comparative range report. I believe I'm also going to order an aluminum charging Rod handle.

Thanks for the link...

Don

·
Registered
138 Posts
I picked up the Hi Point 4595TS last year with the dual mag holders already installed which came with two 9 rd. mags. I ended up taking the original iron sights off as I just couldn't see them very well and added a 3 MOE Red Dot which I love and makes shooting it much easier for old eyes and improved my accuracy greatly. When I showed up at one of our local get together's and shoots it was a hit and has been responsible for two more 45's an two 9 mm carbines being bought in the group. I tried the 20 rd. extended mags a friend purchased and they work flawlessly, I would highly recommend get one of the Maglula to load those suckers with as it makes it much easier on the thumbs.

I also added the extended charging handle which will use the same bolt that came with the carbine https://www.downrangeproductsco.com/product/hi-point-extended-black/ as well as a barrel shroud https://www.downrangeproductsco.com/product/hp-shroud-long-995-ts-no-front-sight-605-id/ lots of different options on both accessories. I'm seriously considering picking up another one in 10 mm as a birthday present to myself.

I get some good groups with my cast lead powder coated 200 gr. SWC.

My cast lead NOE 220 gr. HP's flatten out pretty good as well at 1K fps.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I put the iron sights back on mine the other night, but with the muzzle brake on I had to cut the slot on the barrel rail longer because the brake interfered with the sight.

01_03.JPG

02_02.JPG

03_01.JPG

It was a simple cut on my bandsaw. I had an extra rail so I wasn't too worried about messing up, and I didn't!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I put the iron sights back on mine the other night, but with the muzzle brake on I had to cut the slot on the barrel rail longer because the brake interfered with the sight.

View attachment 427451

View attachment 427453

View attachment 427455

It was a simple cut on my bandsaw. I had an extra rail so I wasn't too worried about messing up, and I didn't!
That rail was way too cheesy for me to leave it on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I am liking the barrel shroud mentioned above, as well as the aluminum charging handle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
That rail was way too cheesy for me to leave it on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I left it on because I feel it helps align the front sight while tightening the set screws. I have another that lays flatter. I wish I had a milling machine, I would widen the slots on the rail so it would accept hardware for Picatinny stuff. I guess I could do it with my Dremel, all I'd need to do is widen one slot (for a bipod).

·
Super Moderator
35,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I left it on because I feel it helps align the front sight while tightening the set screws. I have another that lays flatter. I wish I had a milling machine, I would widen the slots on the rail so it would accept hardware for Picatinny stuff. I guess I could do it with my Dremel, all I'd need to do is widen one slot (for a bipod).
I cut extra slots on the Weaver rail that was on my Marlin when I bought it to mount scope rings...that rail is aluminum.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I probably ought to just get a Pic rail that fits the holes in the 995, is there such an animal???

But, I would lose that slot the sight sits in, unless I cut one out.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts