Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came into my FFL yesterday and for various reasons I couldn't get over there, but snagged it today. First impressions are good as it seems like a heck of a deal for 220 bucks. I have the 10 round magazine that came with it and a 20 round Red Ball, the extra 10 rounder is in transit. I have a cheap reflex sight that I may mount, but will do the iron ghost ring for the maiden voyage. Maybe I am a total noob, but the trigger pull didn't seem awful to me. I do have an issue with the "hook" on the bottom of the trigger blade as it feels really uncomfortable and I don't have fat fingers. Poking around the net I see a guy makes aluminum triggers but they look just like the OEM with the big curve/pointed bottom. I also see the Galloway flat trigger but don't care for the look. If it really starts to bug me I may have to explore those more. I am wondering how someone with big hands/fingers could shoot this gun. Probably won't get to the range until Sunday...further impressions later.

IMG_20181004_141245936.jpg

IMG_20181004_141233802.jpg

·
Super Moderator
35,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife has one in 45 ACP. She refers to it as her "Planet Of The Apes" gun. She likes it.

I thought a bit about which caliber to get and picked the 9mm for capacity...cost of ammo is negligible as I load both. The 10mm is very attractive and may be a future "need" once they are out for awhile and the cost comes down a little.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I have big hands, I find the trigger to be spongy but totally acceptable. I really wish Red ball would hurry up with those 20 round 40 mags!

Enjoy it, they are lots of fun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had two of the early 9mm ones and wish I had kept at least one.I have the 10mm one and no I haven't shot it yet.:mad:
Let's race...I am looking toward Sunday...

·
8,341 Posts
The trigger was the only issue I had with mine. Pinched my fat trigger finger. I ended up selling mine for what I had in it. It was incredibly accurate, you may want to put an AFG of VFG on the bottom of the forearm to help locking it into your shoulder, as it is a little heavy. Not as heavy as the Ruger PC9. I bought the Ruger with high hopes, but the weight is too much, and without a place to put a supporting hand grip under that forearm, it just won't work for weak ole me. So it will be getting sold soon. I still want a carbine, but I need to get a light one. I've got my eye on a used Sub2000 G17 ( please Texheim don't hate me!!), that I may purchase tomorrow if the auction price goes too high on a beautiful old Judge I am watching.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Congrats, I love mine, and it is my only open sight long gun. Very accurate

Reactions: Lomax and Czechbikr

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
It always makes me laugh about how people badmouth Hi Point yet when asked if they've ever shot one, much less owned one, the answer is always 'No.' I'll certainly be interested in your range report as a 1095TS in 10mm does interest me. It ain't the best lookin' gun, it ain't made out of stainless, and it don't get much love! But every owner I've talked with (never shot one yet) says its solid, reliable, cycles whatever it's fed, and it was less that $250. Sounds OK by me.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Try the flat trigger. I have a couple on other guns and do not notice them at all — a good thing.
Unlike the ‘talon’ on the Hi Point. I have large circumference fingers as well and when I shoot a Hi Point I notice it.

Alternate plan — get a second stock trigger from the company and slowly adjust the curve with a Dremel.

My.02.

Have fun fun with it!! Been an inch from buying one 1,000 times
Hmmm....

·
Super Moderator
35,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are going to need a lot of 9mm ammo.....they are a hoot to shoot! accurate too!
I just switched the Pro 1000 over to 45 ACP...I had the feeling that the switch was premature. ;-)

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Welcome to the club! Congrats! I have one in .45 and love it. It definitely eats up the ammo though.

Reactions: Lomax

·
Super Moderator
35,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome to the club! Congrats! I have one in .45 and love it. It definitely eats up the ammo though.
Yep...I've been cruising around looking for deals on more magazines..

Reactions: TonyC2639

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I have been considering one of them for a long time and haven't gotten one yet. A friend asked me why and I said cause they are always available and I'm waiting for a good deal. (Missed one by minutes last year) He said is should finally just do it....and now you post this adding fuel to the fire!!
Good luck with it, and I can't wait to read the range report.

·
Registered
27,133 Posts
I thought a bit about which caliber to get and picked the 9mm for capacity...cost of ammo is negligible as I load both. The 10mm is very attractive and may be a future "need" once they are out for awhile and the cost comes down a little.
There is a difference in cost between the 995 and 1095. Expect to see a legitimate $65-75 price difference. AFAICT there isn't any dealer premium around here.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts