Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new guy here. I checked in here about a month ago and got some good advice from some forum members. I thought I would follow up and let you know I just "won" a new to me PT99 on Gunbroker. It's what I have been wanting for a while and several members here helped push me off the fence, so THANK YOU!. I'll give you a range report when I actually get it in my hands. (IF I can find any 9mm ammo:()

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Run the edges - everybody hits the big box stores. Good luck with the timing. Nothing worse than a new but empty gun!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been so long since I bought 9mm, I don't even know what a good price is. What was the price of a 50 count Winchester white box before the craziness?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Congrats, and Welcome!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats, I know you will enjoy your new PT99. Mine is my favorite gun of all time. Currently if you can find 9MM at 26 cents a round or better you are doing good.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Congratulations and I hope you enjoy it.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Congrats on the PT99. I have a PT92 and PT100. Both are excellent shooters.

Welcome from Jacksonville, FL.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Welcome from Iowa! 50 ct box of any kind of 9mm, average @ $13 here anyway.. Didn't see any dramatic rise in price when things got crazy, just couldn't find any...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was in the same boat when I bought my PT92 over the weekend, but I found a bunch of 9mm FMJ and JHP on bulkammo.com so a couple boxes will be here in a day or so! :guns:

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
It's been so long since I bought 9mm, I don't even know what a good price is. What was the price of a 50 count Winchester white box before the craziness?
Around $13

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
congrats and fun with it when it comes. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
40,657 Posts
Congrats on the new PT-99, I really like mine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on the new gun! Good luck finding ammo. Last month, a local gun shop owner told me they expect 9mm ammo to start becoming available again in mid-late February. So hopefully you (and the rest of us) can find some boxes in the coming weeks!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on your incoming PT99!

The PT92 and PT99 pistols are the "top drawer" 9mm pistols in the Taurus lineup, IMHO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts