Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been perusing the forum for a couple days now so I guess I had better introduce myself. Name's Jim Sheldon, I live in Park City, Kansas which is ostensibly a suburb of Wichita if Wichita really has suburbs. For those of you that followed the news a couple of years ago, Park City is also somewhat infamous for being the home of the BTK serial killer. He was the city dog-catcher and code compliance officer (read city inspector). I moved here in 1998 and up until the time he was caught and prosecuted, I never met the man. Nuff said.

Retired from the US Army Security Agency in 1981 after 20 years of playing electronic spy and teaching other GI's how to repair the necessary radio equipment. After retirement from the Army, I worked for a couple of business radio shops installing and repairing communications gear for farmers, oil field operators, law enforcement etc. Got tired of that and became an electrician. Pay was infinitely better and the required knowledge somewhat less - :D With my electrical/electronic background in the Army I managed to circumvent much of the normal "apprentice/journeyman" time and got my Master Electrician's license in just under 3 years. Became an electrical contractor and retired from that profession when I turned 62 just over 7 years ago.

Hobbies are amateur radio, shooting, reloading and digital photography, not necessarily in that order. I have a number of Savage rifles (.17 Mach2, .17HMR, .22LR, .223 and .308 - all left handed actions - I am left handed, after all - :)), a Sig-Sauer (GSG) 1911-22 handgun and two Taurus revolvers both of which I have posted pix in the "Show Us Your Taurus Revolvers" forum here.

I have available a commercial, indoor, range within 10 miles of my house. It's a ten lane, 25 yard Pistol range that also has a 5 lane, integral 100 yard (also indoor) rifle range in the same building. It's very nice to be able to work on handloads for accuracy without having to fight the Kansas winds.

Jim

Reactions: MissKitty

·
Super Moderator
35,579 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas and I hope you had a good New Year!!!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Thank you sir for your service to our country.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welocome from Central Pa!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome from West Michigan!!

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Greetings my friend from the great state of Michigan, and welcome to the forum. Thanks for your service to our country.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Welcome from Leon, Ks. :)

I grew up 7 years of my younger life in Park City. Lived in the 2 story red brick farm house on Hydraulic which the property backed up to 53rd street. Wow has that area changed over the years since being gone. I used to shoot/hunt and ride horses out there. So many businesses grown up there now that shooting would be a no no.

Anyway enough about me. Happy to see you join the forum. Incidentally I know of and am a member of that shooting range you elude to. :) I haven't been in a few months again now and in fact my membership is right at expiring time I think. So next time in will be renew time for the wife and I. I may see you there sometime... not that we'll know it.. :)

Again.... Welcome!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts