Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Welcome, from Kansas.

I do not have a G2C, but there are a few owners that follow this board. I'm sure they will be on soon to give you some advice.

It does make me wonder, however, here in the U.S.A., they run about USD 199 (plus sales tax, of course, about 7.3% here in Kansas). What is the cost of a G2C over there? I imagine it's quite a few ZAR's!

·
Registered
19,525 Posts
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw Pennsylvania! :hello:

Reactions: GoggaZa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, from Kansas.

I do not have a G2C, but there are a few owners that follow this board. I'm sure they will be on soon to give you some advice.

It does make me wonder, however, here in the U.S.A., they run about USD 199 (plus sales tax, of course, about 7.3% here in Kansas). What is the cost of a G2C over there? I imagine it's quite a few ZAR's!
Hi there

Looking at about ZAR7000 to ZAR8000

Crazy if you ask me

Sent from my AGS-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Hi there

Looking at about ZAR7000 to ZAR8000

Crazy if you ask me

Ouch! And Taurus (at least here, anyway) is a lower cost brand. If it wasn't illegal, I'd buy you one here and send it to you. I could pay $100 postage and you'd still be way ahead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ouch! And Taurus (at least here, anyway) is a lower cost brand. If it wasn't illegal, I'd buy you one here and send it to you. I could pay $100 postage and you'd still be way ahead.
Yip ouch.... Lower cost brand here too...

CZ P07 R9000 to R12000. Shadow R21000

Thanks bud that would be awesome if it could work like that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scary thing is the. 40 is half the price of the 9mm.... Due to the ammo that is also almost double the price of 9mm and I have mates that reload 9mm so ya

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Of course ammo is another issue. It's pretty easy to walk in to a sporting goods store here and buy a box of 50 9mm's for under USD 10. 9mm's are by far the cheapest to be had around here, so they are great for practice. Although I did find an online source for .32's that is under USD 9. Retail stores around here usually charge double that.

I'm guessing prices on ammo there are quite a bit more, too.

While I don't reload my own rounds, there are quite a few reloaders on this board as well. It sure lowers the cost per round if you do lots of shooting. I can't see my self ever loading my own, but it is quite popular with many.

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Scary thing is the. 40 is half the price of the 9mm.... Due to the ammo that is also almost double the price of 9mm and I have mates that reload 9mm so ya

I guess that makes it a math problem. If you only shoot a few rounds a year, it may be worth the lower initial cost of the .40. However, if you're planning to do much shooting, it will add up quick.

Here, we can buy ammo online and if you buy enough, the lower price offsets the shipping cost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess that makes it a math problem. If you only shoot a few rounds a year, it may be worth the lower initial cost of the .40. However, if you're planning to do much shooting, it will add up quick.

Here, we can buy ammo online and if you buy enough, the lower price offsets the shipping cost.
Ya something like that.... It is mainly for self defense with the od monthly range day (this is the costly part) for the. 40

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Welcome to the forum.North Carolina USA here.

Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the political climate there and how it affects you.When you can enter the politics section I look forward to seeing you post.

·
Registered
29,958 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine" state of Florida.

State of over 1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts