Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I found this group a couple days ago and it sounds like a great bunch of shooters, thought I'd join in.
I do have one question. Do the Millenium Pro, 3rd gen have problems as a rule. I had a PT 140 and had to send it for repair after about 200 rounds were shot. No problems for the next 200, but I couldn't hit well with it and traded for a Tracker .357, 4" ported and love it, except for CCW ( a hair too big). I just bought a PT 111, 9mm and the recoil spring came out the front on about the 75th round. It is now in the shop, so I won't have it for a few months. (Taurus took almost 4 months to fix the .40). I like the size and feel of this series and they conceal great. Holds more than my friends Khar, which he has also had some issues with for twice the money.
Anyway, good shooting to you all.

Administrator
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

I don't think there is a problem as a general rule. If you were shooting low it's most likely that you have the Hienie sites. They are used differently and there is a thread on this site for their proper use.

Registered
I don't know the 100% correct answer, but I've got a PT140 and a 24/7 .40 never had a problem one, first thought on the bad target hits on the .40 was sights, grips etc. But if you got one in 9mm and do okay, I wonder. Maybe the recoil of the .40 and flinch or ? etc.
I hate to hear your problems and since you didn't come in bad mouthing Taurus and since I've never had this problem just hang on help is on the way in future posts.

Registered
Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you with us.
We have many MilPro owners on the board so that subforum may be of interest to you. We also have a complaints section in The Range.

Best Wishes

Registered
Welcome From Arizona :wave:

Glad that you are here..look around and have fun :D
Be patient and look around,should find some answers :D :D :D
Try the search in here, works pretty good ;)

Registered
Welcome from Delaware. Sorry to hear about your problems and hope things work out well for you with your guns. Give Taurus a chance to fix the guns. May take a while but they will try to fix them. I've got the pt111 and the pt145 and haven't had any problem with either. Does seem that some people have had a problem with the slide spring and Taurus has found a solution for those. I think there is a thread in the mil-pro section that covers that problem.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, yawl. I may have part of the answer to my own question. I did find out that the ammo I was shooting may have gotten some +P+ loads mixed in and that may have been too hot for the PT-111. I did send it in to the factory and had it back in just short of 2 months. The factory sent a note saying not to shoot steel or nonbrass cases. I have about 300 rounds of 115 gr and 150 rounds of 124 gr of hollow points and FMJ through it since I got it back and no more problems. I do trust it for primary carry duty when I don't carry a snubbie. Just for the record, I have had no problems with either my Tracker .357 or my PT-1911 and love them both. Next on the "to get list" is either a Protector SS or Titanium in .357 mag. Taurus is still the #1 handgun in my collection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts