Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Taurus buddies ! New to the forum but more than happy to share info and questions when they do come about.

First of all, I bought my wife a nice little PT809 about a year ago and have been very pleased with it. It's shot pretty darn straight and it's so easy to maintain. Love the SA/DA on it. I just took it to get my CHL , shot a perfect 250 score . Now that I will be getting my CHL in the mail soon enough, I would like to start considering what to pack in my pocket.

Been researching the PT709 Slim, love it for it's SA/DA , safety trigger(Glock) and it also comes with an added safety lever. I like the size of it but not 100% sure on it's reliability and of course it's 7+1 capacity. My pal has a Glock 26 , nice gun but to me, I'd rather have the added safety lever the 709 slim has. It has all the features of the Glock but at 1/2 the price.

Inputs anyone?

PT809....
adding more soon ...:)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Congrats on getting your CHL. I have owned the PT709's bigger brother for about 2 years and love it.

Welcome from North Central Florida!!

·
Registered
12,088 Posts

Welcome to the forum and the Taurus family from NJ !

newjersey-stamp.jpg

·
Registered
694 Posts
Welcome from Washington State!

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Administrator
40,285 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Welcome from the Crabby state of Maryland! I'm sure that someone will be by soon that can help you out with your pistol questions - meanwhile - sit back and enjoy The Best on-line forum - ever!

·
Super Moderator
40,643 Posts
to the forum from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Welcome fellow Houstonian and CHL holder. I don't have the PT709, but I work with a number of people that do and they love them. There are plenty of folks here that own them and have the same opinion.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

welcome!!

From Northeast Florida's
First Coast!
Middleburg that is!

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Welcome from Waco Texas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: rolandjude

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Howdy!

I love my 709. It has waaay over 1,000 rounds through it, probably closer to 2,000. It has been 100% reliable.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net!

My suggestion for a great pocket or pouch pistol is the Taurus PT738 TCP.

At 10.2 ounces it is the one of the most lightweight pocket pistols on the market.

007 - TCP outside.JPG
002 - TCP in Guru Pocket Holster.JPG

009 - Bulldog Case Carry Rig.JPG

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats and.....Glocks are over rated.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts