Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Live near Tampa area and now own 2 Taurus pistols. Have a 605 in 357 mag and really like this pistol. Carry's well for a revolver and definatly functions well. Have shot both 38 special, 38 special +P and a lot of 357 magum. Definatly feel the 357 but for a short barrled pistol it's not all that bad. For it's usage I can live with it. Formally had a 6" 357 mag in stainless think it was a model 686 or something like that. 6' underlug barrell etc. Was only out a short time and I think S&W challenged it's name as it quickly changed to something else. At any rate when it was stolen no great loss. Didn't handle well and really uncomfortabl to shoot.

On to yesterday. Found the Spectrum in the Tampa area for under $200, new. Bought one for wife. Only had the black for that price but she can rack the slide and function the triger. Trigger weight not too bad but the reset is long. Almost must let trigger return to full front of guard to reset.

Otherwise hope to get it to the range soon and will report anything else I find.

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine" state of Florida.

State of over 1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: We're mighty glad you decided to join "Ye Merrye Crewwe"! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts

​Welcome to the Forum from Gulf Coast Florida!

·
Administrator
40,280 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a snow bird in Hobe Sound

IMG_2632.JPG

·
Super Moderator
40,640 Posts