Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 85ULSS and now patiently pacing the floor waiting for it to come in. I frequent of several other forums and am an avid shooter. My fav round is the .45 and I have a couple 1911s but needed a pocket gun and this one had great reviews.

Swamplands is referring to the 19 inches of rain we have recieved in that last couple weeks. At least I don't have to water my lawn! :D

·
32,576 Posts
Welcome to the forum. With all that rain you might have to shoot those snakes with regular roundds out of the .45ACP M&P until the 85 arrives and then you can use snakeshot.Not sure how snakeshot cycles through semi-autos.

Cottonmouths already have nasty dispositions and displaced snakes of the other varieties are bound to be the same way.

For the M14, S&W M &P and such, we have the Other guns board ,also. My crystal ball gets cloudy after all that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to the board. Good to see another Texan. ;D

Check out a set of these for that 85. I have a set on mine and really like them. On something that is carried more than it's shot these work great.

http://www.baramihipgrip.com/

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard fadlan12, good to have you with us.
:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Qwiks draw said:
Welcome to the forum. With all that rain you might have to shoot those snakes with regular roundds out of the .45ACP M&P until the 85 arrives and then you can use snakeshot.Not sure how snakeshot cycles through semi-autos.

Cottonmouths already have nasty dispositions and displaced snakes of the other varieties are bound to be the same way.

For the M14, S&W M &P and such, we have the Other guns board ,also. My crystal ball gets cloudy after all that.
Dang I guess I do frequent a lot of boards. Thanks everyone for the welcome. My M&P 45 is my favorite pistol so far (easiest to hit target). First ever gun I fired when I was in 3rd or 4th grade was a .38 spl snubbie, full circle i guess. QD are you the same user name in the other forums?

How do I subscribe to a post?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is the report on snake shot? I have some bothersome squirrels and a ruger mark 2 .22lr but afraid to shoot in city limits.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
fadlan12, I've dispatched a couple of citrus rats with my air pistol. The two are about the same size, so that might work for you, too. (squirrels are just fuzzy-tailed rats). I only shoot them on the ground, so I don't have to worry in case I miss. The range was only 8-15 feet.
I don't want to break any laws, either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts