Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this forum link from another forum and thought I'd drop in, sign up and say hi.
A handgunner of twenty-seven and handloader of thirty-four years now, I purchased my first Taurus this spring. A PT-140 Millennium. I like it very much and feel it's a darn good value.

Note: I did email CS at Cheaper Than Dirt before ordering additional mags for it to make sure that they were on the same page I was as far as exactly which pistol I have and what they were going to ship me for magazines. (I had heard about I'll fitting or mismatched mags to pistols with the PT-140s.) The two mags I received from them fit and function perfectly and as a result, I just ordered another.

Oh well, I'll be stopping in on occasion and maybe posting once in a while... so, I'll be seeing ya, er... reading ya.

·
32,530 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Of course we assign homework whenever someone makes a new purchase. :) One range report in triplicate on Flyer's desk by 0600Hrs. ,military time the following day.

We do not know where Flyer's desk really is( it's virtual) and he doesn't understand military time designations. At least I think that's true. ;D

We would like a true range report when you can get to it and post it in the Semi-auto board please. Or any other observations that you have on the PT140 would also be appreciated.

On a more serious note, there are other sources for PT140 mags. You might know of these, but these will be put here anyway. www.midwayusa.com , www.jgsales.com, www.gunclips.net , www.mec-gar.com. That should cover it and others may chime in on that.
I do recommend that you read the FAQ board for those FAQs that might pertain to your situation.

Happy to have you aboard.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome Aboard BMG55, glad to have you with us. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Yes, I do business with Midway and J&G sales but not with the others at least yet.

It was after reading about PT-140 mag problems some were encountering on another forum and then checking a little myself by reading the reviews on the mags that Midway sells that showed me of some incompatibility issues. I decided to look around and ran across mags for the 140 @ CTD. However, there are four(!) pictures of different mags for the PT-140 under the item description and part number. I was like, say what??? I decided to contact a CS rep directly as I said to make sure if I ordered from them I'd get sent the right mag. I could have done the same thing with Midway I suppose but I didn't really think of it at the time. (They have a number of unhappy campers buying PT-140 mags from them.)

·
32,530 Posts
That I can believe. :) There are still enough standard, ill fitting ones that should be disposed of, and Mil/pro magazines floating out there on the open market.

Who would have thought the sellers wouldn't know the difference or be ignorant of the different types? Sales people and staff probably aren't made aware of this at some places.
Does pay to check personally as you pointed out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts