Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a 606 ported 357 brand new back in 1997 for a back up. I think they only made it for two years back then. I regret selling it. Now that I'm retired and older i have arthritis in my thumbs and i have to sell me semi autos. I have a hard time reloading clips. I'm looking for another stainless 606 6 shot ported 357 double action revolver that would be much easier to load. Your help would be much appreciated!! Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark. I have been a faithful Taurus owner for 30+ years now. Have never had a problem with any of them!

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I had never heard of the Taurus 606, but I have now due to you and Google I am becoming more versed on it.

Now that I have that out of the way, WELCOME to the greatest place to be on the internet. Pull up a chair, join in conversation, made some friends and become family all in one place. Seriously the T/A group here is pretty fantastic as a whole.

Curious, have you tried some of the new magazine loaders on the semi auto magazines? There are a few that do make loading a mag much easier on the fingers.

Always good to have someone new drop in, be sure to stop in at the "Lounge", it is more of a catch all of conversations and personalities.

·
Registered
24,497 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. We will never be hard on you unless you try to outdo Rickenbacher

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome from New York! :)

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Welcome from Middle Tennessee. I have heard the 606's are hard to find now days, good luck with your search.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Welcome to TA from Cherokee County, Georgia.
I'll ditto the above suggestion to try the newfangled mag loaders. I'm a revolver guy, but if the loaders make your current arsenal usable, win-win.

·
Super Moderator
35,504 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Old guy on Taurus Armed? copTzer, I'll have you know, I RESEMBLE that remark!!! Don't you ever forget it!!!!

Welcome to TA from the Mid-South!!! TA is the best gang of gun aficionados on the Interwebz!!!

Memphis Bealestreet.jpg

·
Registered
988 Posts
Welcome from a British member..

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Administrator
39,354 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania!

I don't have arthritis, but I do love my Maglula for reloading magazines.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome from Illinois.

As mentioned, the maglula loader makes magazine loading easier. Saves your thumbs.

I have a 692 and they are ported. They come with a.357 cylinder and a 9mm cylinder which uses clips.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here! Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
As others have said a magazine loader like the UpLula will make loading simple and easier on your thumbs. With arthritic thumbs, I imagine that racking a slide can produce discomfort also so, I understand your decision to go back to a revolver. Finding that 606 might be a challenge but, I think that if you take a look at current Taurus offerings, you will find something that you like equally as well or better.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts