Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Steve. I recently bought my first handgun after MUCH time reading reviews, magazines, looking in eleventy-billion gun stores, and talking with gun owners. It was an exhausting process. I finally landed on a winner with the 24/7 Pro in .45 :) . Man, I love this gun. I followed the tips on shooting a new handgun that I read on this website and put 126 rounds through it, flawlessly. I've got time with the M16 (in the military, expert marksman) but not much time with handguns and was a little aprehensive about how accurately I would shoot. My co-worker went to the range with me and took his Benelli M4 and AR15. As I was cleaning and checking the Pro, he asked me how much I paid for it ($350 w/ 2 mags) and said, "Da** dude, that's a deal! It looks great. Taurus makes good firearms". After I got done cleaning and checking, I shot my first 5 rounds at a target about 30ft. out with about a 1.5 second gap between shots, his response was in conjunction with his previous statement: "And accurate too!" All five shots were in a nice group in the middle of the target without much seperation. I was VERY impressed. I'm sold on Heinie staright 8's. I love 'em. I shot 5 round mags for a while, cleaned the gun again, (following the recommendation I found on this site :) ) then wanted to try a few 12 rounders. I slow fired the first mag, then wanted to see how it would feel and function with rapid firing. The handling on the gun is great; it fits my hand VERY well. 12 rounds rapid firing, no problems. I even fired alternating ball ammunition (some were Monarch, some were Winchester) and JHP (Winchester) and the gun performed flawlessly. Again, I was impressed. All in all, I fired 126 rounds that session, 26 of them were JHP. I feel that I made a VERY good decision going with the 24/7 Pro, despite some of the haters on the internet, haha. ALL the gun shop owners and handgun owners I spoke with spoke very highly of Taurus. Heck, the gun store clerk even steered me away from some much higher priced handguns, telling me that he LOVES his 24/7 Pro. I'm VERY pleased with my decision :) . I look forward to browsing this site more! So far, I've found some good information!

Here's a camera phone video. Watching the video, I see I'm not leaning into the pistol enough...and my arms should be more straight. After watching this, give me some tips, if you don't mind. Thanks.

Critique my form: rapid fire

P.S. I love the eat crap grin at the end, lol.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
hi steve welcome aboard, yes you will always find haters But whats most important is what you feel about your gun. by the way congrats on your purchase. hope you like the forum very knowledgeable people here,entertaining and nformative forum.

·
Administrator
40,374 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Huge following of 24/7 fans here, so you are in the right place. Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcomes! I want your 1911 Paul. Those Pachmayr grips are baaaaad. Really makes the 1911 look killer. I thought about the same setup, SS PT1911 with Pachmayr grips, but the 12 rounds of the Pro made me feel all warm and fuzzy, lol. I'd still like to have a PT1911 though. They just look so dang cool.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Steve, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

I'm another 24/7 .45 ACP owner.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Qwiks draw said:
Welcome to the place. Shucks. That means you already are aware of the"homework". LOL

Glad to have you aboard.
Haha, yeah, I did quite a bit of reading before, and after, I bought the Pro. I wanted to make sure I was well informed ;) . I'm REALLY glad I read the section on shooting a new handgun. It was very helpful.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed, glad to have you with us. ;D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Welcome from the Sunshine State. Enjoy and post often.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks folks. I just edited my first post and included a video of my first outing.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Welcome aboard Steve!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome from southern Oregon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts