Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the NW corner of the great state of Alabama. Roll Tide! I've always been a gun owner for as long as I can remember. Mostly long guns. I bought my first pistol a couple of years ago and I've been hooked ever since. My most recent addition, Taurus 9mm 709 slim. I bought it at a ridiculous price from a guy at work. He was having a jamming problem. I've got it firing and it is a nice shooting gun. However, I still get the occasional jam. Thought I'd post some pics and see if anybody could give me some advice. I'd really like for it to be my carry piece, but I have to get this worked out before I do. Look forward learning more about it and hopefully add some input that would help some one enjoy shooting a little more 馃檪

Administrator
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

Registered

Attachments

Registered
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

Registered
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

Super Moderator
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I don't own a Slim, but I would probably examine and polish the feed ramp with a Dremel felt "bullet" and metal polishing compound being careful to not change the geometry of the ramp angle. After that it's probably traceable to the magazine...get another and see if it happens with all or just one or two. Also a very firm grip is mandatory on a light semi-auto pistol for it to cycle reliably. Maybe have someone else try to shoot it.

Registered
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

Registered
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA!!! :hello:

Registered
Hi from Kentucky.

Registered
Howdy from NE FLA, and welcome to the forum!

Registered
Load 3 to 5 rounds in your mag then tap on the table primer side down
to seat the rounds all the way to the rear of the mag.
We had to do this with M-16 mags back in my Army daze.

Welcome and good luck

let us know how it turns out.

Bob

1 - 20 of 31 Posts