Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Taurus - Reissue the Taurus 455SS4.... Please. I have my .22 Taurus 94, my 9mm Taurus 905, and need a Taurus 455SS4 to mate up with my .45 Autos and shoot the .45ACP.

;)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hey JohnM,

You may want to write Taurus International a friendly letter and make the suggestion directly to the company; as this forum really is not a conduit into the Taurus organization.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Taurus - Reissue the Taurus 455SS4.... Please. I have my .22 Taurus 94, my 9mm Taurus 905, and need a Taurus 455SS4 to mate up with my .45 Autos and shoot the .45ACP.

;)
Yea... I know.... just venting. It would have to be a letter since I didn't see an email contact on their website.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I sometimes wonder how hard it would be for them to do this. For instance, many of us would love to see an exact reissue of the Rossi 720, but I wonder what the chance is of that ever happening? And yes, I would actually buy a 720 before I would buy a 445.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I keep hearing rumors that the 455 is coming back. But I'll believe it when I see it. A SS 4" 455 is on my wish list.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sometimes wonder how hard it would be for them to do this. For instance, many of us would love to see an exact reissue of the Rossi 720, but I wonder what the chance is of that ever happening? And yes, I would actually buy a 720 before I would buy a 445.
I wouldn't think it would be too hard... unless they disposed of the equipment, rights etc, they used to make it in the first place. Your caliber/gun preference is noted, and that is why they make so many different guns.... one gun can't please everyone.

You have an opportunity to get one of those 720s on Gun Broker.... bobbed hammer or not.
Rossi 720 44 Spl. : Revolvers at GunBroker.com
Rossi 720.44special polished stainless : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

I can't find a 445 listed for sale anywhere..... but if you do, kindly let me know.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I wouldn't think it would be too hard... unless they disposed of the equipment, rights etc, they used to make it in the first place. Your caliber/gun preference is noted, and that is why they make so many different guns.... one gun can't please everyone.

You have an opportunity to get one of those 720s on Gun Broker.... bobbed hammer or not.
Rossi 720.44special polished stainless : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

I can't find a 445 listed for sale anywhere..... but if you do, kindly let me know.
Yeah John, I saw those on GB. One of these years I am going to have to stop taking about it and actually buy one! :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is this the revo that shoots .45acp? If so, there's one for $350 local to me. I came in here to research if that was a good price. I kinda want one in a revo myself.

Brad

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yes.... get pics.... and if you don't get it, PM me the LGS or individual contact info.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh yes.... get pics.... and if you don't get it, PM me the LGS or individual contact info.
I was wrong. He was asking $325 not $350. I wanted it and it sold before I could hit send on my post last night. It lasted about 8 minutes. :(

Brad

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
It would really make alot of sense to re-release the 455 being Charter has the 45acp revolver coming out in the next year or so....and it is coming for sure...Charter is just really behind on there existing orders

I picked up a DAO 720 the other day.. Hens Teeth....

This is NOT a factory bobbed hammer .....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was wrong. He was asking $325 not $350. I wanted it and it sold before I could hit send on my post last night. It lasted about 8 minutes. :(

Brad
Was that an online store that is also local to you or what? Too bad... shoulda trusted your instincts and snagged it up when you first saw it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Was that an online store that is also local to you or what? Too bad... shoulda trusted your instincts and snagged it up when you first saw it.
Not a store, just a local online classifieds for just guns and gun related items. What threw me is he had a typo on the model # that wasn't 45acp yet he stated it was 45acp. So my spidey senses went off. I posted here then went back to that site and he had posted a clarifying pic and corrected his typo and it was gone. Yeah I feel kinda sick about it. I've been wanting one for a bit now and one landed in my lap cheap and I screwed it up.

Brad

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well Brad, keep your eyes and ears open for the both of us and I will do the same. If I find one for ya... I will send you a PM.

Heck... if ANYONE finds one... send me a PM and then I will send Brad a PM.... LOL

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well Brad, keep your eyes and ears open for the both of us and I will do the same. If I find one for ya... I will send you a PM.

Heck... if ANYONE finds one... send me a PM and then I will send Brad a PM.... LOL
'Preciate it buddy. I'll do the same for you. I also have my eye on a PT1911 SS for sale on this particular site. He was asking $600 and dropped down to $575. I think it's a little high for used but I think it'll come down a bit.

Brad

·
Registered
666 Posts
Stopped in at my LGS today and he has a NIB Tracker 455SS4, asking $510 for it. I didn't buy it, but after reading almost nothing but good things about it, I think it will soon be mine!
:clap:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
'Preciate it buddy. I'll do the same for you. I also have my eye on a PT1911 SS for sale on this particular site. He was asking $600 and dropped down to $575. I think it's a little high for used but I think it'll come down a bit.

Brad
Brad..... I got an email from CDNN regarding Taurus Sale and noticed PT1911s..... if you didn't get it, and want it.... PM me your email and I will forward to ya.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stopped in at my LGS today and he has a NIB Tracker 455SS4, asking $510 for it. I didn't buy it, but after reading almost nothing but good things about it, I think it will soon be mine!
:clap:
If you opt not to.... please PM me the info and help a brother out.... LOL. Good luck if ya get it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'd sure like to help you out JohnM, but I'm jumping on this one. Called my LGS this morning and asked him to hold it for me. If I ever see another one, I'll let you know. I did see one for sale on GUNSAMERICA, item #924879177. Good luck in your search.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts