Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Me again with a question... In the picture above the slide has no markings whatsoever. Is this something of concern? The serial number indicates it was manufactured in 2007.
I've shot 50 rounds with no problems and very good accuracy.... I scored 234 of a possible 250 on the Texas LTC shooting test. ;)
Any info is appreciated!

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Welcome Sister from Plano! Not familiar with a Taurus 1911 so I cannot comment authoritatively on slide markings. However, on the other side is the serial number stamped or engraved below the ejection port and does that number match the number engraved on the barrel? Your first pic looks like you were at a gunshow... did you buy it at the gunshow?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I was at a gun show, but I did not buy the 1911 there. I was shopping for a 12 gauge.
The serial numbers on the barrel and frame match, but there is no serial number on the slide.
And thanks for the welcome!

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I could be wrong but that tells me that the slide is aftermarket and not a Taurus slide. Not that there's anything wrong with that but would appear that at some point the slide was swapped. See the attached pic from Taurus that shows the SN engraved on the slide, frame, and barrel.

Attachments

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Are there any markings on the other side, or inside the slide itself (ie not on the barrel or receiver)? If not, like chefduane said, I'd bet its an aftermarket slide. As long as it goes bang, hits where it is supposed to and doesn't malfunction it wouldn't bother me at all personally.

Welcome from up 35 a way, the Fort Worth area!

Reactions: chefduane

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Hi WFT
Welcome to the TA.net. family. You'll find up mighty friendly and polite with the best Mods anywhere.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Welcome to the club......looks like you are prepared- a 1911 and a pump scatter gun.

·
Registered
24,497 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Me again with a question... In the picture above the slide has no markings whatsoever. Is this something of concern? The serial number indicates it was manufactured in 2007.
I've shot 50 rounds with no problems and very good accuracy.... I scored 234 of a possible 250 on the Texas LTC shooting test. ;)
Any info is appreciated!
Welcome aboard! There's not much else I can add except to say that you've already have the two best weapons for home defense, IMHO.

·
Administrator
35,114 Posts
Hello from Dallas ! :wave: Yes Austin is our own little piece of Kalifornia, but north Texas is turning purple too with all the influx of Toyota refugees. :icon_rolleyes: Nice to know we're representin' down there !

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Hello from Dallas ! :wave: Yes Austin is our own little piece of Kalifornia, but north Texas is turning purple too with all the influx of Toyota refugees. :icon_rolleyes: Nice to know we're representin' down there !
Toyota and Liberty Mutual folks. Have you seen their buildings at the Tollway and 121? Unreal.

·
Super Moderator
35,510 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! Love my PT1911 SS also. Keep working to make Austin sane again!

·
Registered
29,717 Posts

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Welcome to TA from Cherokee County, Georgia.

·
Administrator
39,361 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts