Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am new to the Taursus handgun line. I purchased a PT640 PRO 40Cal and have found that there really is not much information on this particular model online. I like the way it feels and fires but I am looking at changing the sights.

I am former M1A1 tank commder from the Army.

After looking at the garbage this country has been going through and the bunch of idiots we seem to have running things I figured it was time to take a stronger look protecting my family and myself.

God Bless America and our rights to have a goverment not a dictatorship.

:mad: :guns:

Desert Eagle.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Thank you for your service to our country.

The 640 is similar to the milpro and 24/7 lines. The sights for these may fit it.

BTW Gorgeous 1911.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome from Central Illinois from another Tanker. Played on both M60A3s and the M1!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome Home Brother and welcome to the forum.

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas and than you for you military service.

·
Super Moderator
36,387 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I do believe that you've stopped by the right place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I originally trained on M60A3 at Knox and when I left AIT I got stationed at Knox Hco 2/6 cav then E trp 2/6 Cav

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
A hearty welcome from North Texas! :wave: The PT640 is basically a PT140 slide assembly on a PT145 grip frame. OK, it's an oversimplification, but....... that is pretty much what you have. They seem pretty stout and seem a nice gun! Congratulations!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been saving up my good boy points so my wife want divorce me when I by it. It is a speical edition model 1911A1 what I carried on my tank for many years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone have a recommendation of a carry holster. I have been told the anyone that fits the PT140 will work well.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net, and thank you for your service to our great nation!

Your insights on handguns and ammo will be most beneficial to our forum.

Please read the forum guidelines in the new member's section and check out and the sticky topics at the beginning of each section and feel free to join in and share your shooting experiences and knowledge with us.

That is one really fine looking 1911!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts