Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks! New to the forum, looks like a great bunch here. I live in Sarasota, work for DHS/TSA here at the airport (not a screener), could tell you lots of stories...

And to quote Jack Sparrow, I'm "In the market, as it were" for a 2nd Generation PT145 in the serial range of NYFxxxxx. Gotta have the DAO and tac rail..

Ask me a bunch of questions, I need to get the post count up so I can spend some money in your classifieds section.

Cheers!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard srqpete, glad you could join us from sunny Florida. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Taurus_9mm,

On the subject of posts, and Kentucky, I've taken family trips to Corbin, KY with my kids, that's God's Country out there...

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
srqpete,

You're very welcome. If you'd like, you can post keep posting on this thread and we'll bump it up to 10 posts for you in a hurry.

I also like www.gunbroker.com for 'eye-candy'. Have you used that site before? I never have purchased from them however, but if I'm curious about a particular make or model, or finding what a ballpark price is, I check with them.

I'm glad too that you've enjoyed your visits to Kentucky. :) It's gorgeous in parts, though I feel the same of some of the beaches in Florida and the mountains of Montana. :D

If you come back again anytime soon, you'll have to check out the Mammoth Cave National Park -- that's definitely worth visiting. Kentucky Down Under isn't so bad either -- it's actually pretty close to Mammoth Cave and is an Australian themed zoo, coupled with their own cave tour (though nothing here is on par with the Mammoth Cave tour)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Friends of ours took advantage of the real estate boom down here, and sold their 10 acres w/ horses and bought 100 acres in KY. My daughter lost her riding coach, but we were happy for them...

I work with KY folks that all own land up there, starting to sound like a good idea...

Speaking of gunbroker.com, I found an expired post listing my desired MilPro, to a "T", except that he's (was) selling them two of them as consecutives! I can't find a way to contact a seller without going through an active listing, which he has none...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took a business trip to Corbin several years ago, and found my way to Daniel Boone Nat'l Forest and Cumberland Falls. WOW

I rerouted my trip back to Chicago a couple years later so that the kids could enjoy...time for another trip.

I'll never forget my daughter complaining of nausea, then having dinner in the "First Kentucky Fried Chicken". Of course she blew. From then on I never doubt her word in the car...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry folks, being a NOOB means doing silly things to get up to the 10 post..

Here's one for the money....

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
srqpete, well howdy neighbor. I work clubs down your way regularly, mostly in Palmetto, and Bradenton. I hate that Skyway, but love the area. Though I'm only one county away, it seems a whole different world down there. Glad you're aboard. Have fun here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Howdy drummin_man627, glad to know I've got neighbors!

I know what you mean about the skyway, I have to travel up to Clearwater often in my little Miata, seems the older I get, the more I fear heights.... "me saying to myself "just keep looking straight ahead at the caution cones..." as the wind whips me around.

I like it down here, beats everywhere else I've lived, but let's keep that between us -sshhh

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome.
Just north of you in Manatee.

We'll try to keep the TSA jokes to a minimum.

AFS

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey there srqpete, just got here myself and welcome to you. I have daughter and family lives in Brandon. Like your idea (I should have thought of it)of posting to get to sales.
DL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts