Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here!" Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

Reactions: NULAfan

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Greetings.

·
Super Moderator
40,918 Posts
Welcome from northern Georgia !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome from another newbie. What kind of revolver are you looking for? Small large, caliber?
I was in a pawn shop and saw what looked like M85 UL. I wasn't really looking for anything but this .38 spcl caught my eye. The odd thing was that it had a 7 round cylinder. I fondled the gun and REALLY liked the absolute smoothness of the DA/SA trigger which was also quite light. It was obviously holstered as a carry for a number of years given the wear on the bluing. Snub, ported barrel.

After exhausting searches on the interweb I came to find out it is very likely a M817. I didn't get the serial numbers so I can't be sure. The shop owner indicates on the tag that it is "rare" because it is a 7-shot revolver. Nah. Not so rare. He's asking a "rare" price for it too (as in pricey)!

Was just trying to get a better feel for the weapon by bringing it up here. This explanation probably belongs in the Revolver forum...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts