Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Heritage RR color case hardened.. 4.75 in barrel First range time.

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  osbornk 
#1 ·
Won't mince words. This is a good revolver. Great lockup, nice and tight, nice cylinder click rotation. Straightforward take down as well. Even with old eyes at the 15 yard line it shot pretty much on center.. Fine with me, Ky windage is for more accomplished shooters. Groups were larger than a silver dollar but not much more. Shot a box of 50.. that was too long since the sight pic was nothing but a blur the longer I was there. Very impressed... also shot my newly acquired 627 Tracker. If you want big and heavy with very manageable recoil that's the one. ;D

Got a hard to find left hand cowboy type holster for the RR on ebay.. Excellent price, very nice looking, a little loose fitting but that was because it was made for a larger gun and not the Heritage .22, barrel length right on the money. But it was the style I wanted sooo... Actually fits the Tracker much better except the length is almost an inch longer than needed.

#3 ·
NGZCAZ .....glad you enjoy yours. Taking my newest RR with the adjustable sight tomorrow. The first time out with it I was impressed...but forgot my mag ammo, only shot the lr, but that was enjoyable. Think I'll also take the G2c with me...have neglected my semi autos since I got a few Rough Riders and a Ruger Wrangler. The SA .22s are so much fun to shoot, and get to spend all day at the range for little money.

#4 ·
I got a 6.5 inch barreled "color case hardened" Rough Rider a month ago. It's been a long time since I'd fired my older model, but since shooting the new one I've pulled the other out of the safe and fixed it up with some newer parts (bought it in the early 90s). I've got the same problem with the sights that you do. My eyes. My grandson has made the comment at least twice, that it sure would be nice to have that older RR for his own.

#11 ·
Not many guns (if any) $100 to $119 or for $140 include 22 MAG Cylinder and the 22LR Cylinder in the higher priced ones) you can have so much fun with and shoot reliably (any kind of AMMO - short, long, LR, MAG, and basically any energy FPS). Used to be a YR Warranty - not sure latest Warranty as TAURUS owns HERITAGE and TAURUS has life time warranty.

Only other one similar priced gun I know of is a Phoenix PH22 (around $119 or $129 and is Semi Auto 10 round). Can also, buy it as a kit with a lockable case, two size barrels (3 inch and 5 inch), an extra MAG, and case contains some cleaning supplies. The one gun purchase only has one MAG, but MAGS are like $19.

Main problem with the PH22 is MFG recommends below 1250 FPS AMMO (which costs a bit more say than Thunderbolt which I have been buying for $0.028 a round on sale with tax included). That said it is a fun gun to mess with.

#12 ·
I agree a .22 revolver is loads of fun, especially when they work.. and are accurate as well. Did I mention cheap to fire ? I think my son gave me a chrome Phoenix .22 some years a go. A monster of a trigger pull, misfired 2 to 3 times per magazine and the chrome was peeling off. It didn't give one the feeling it was going to stay together for too long. It wasn't a .22 as I recall.. a .25 or a .32 perhaps ? Can't say too much good about it except that it was accurate for me even with that extremely hard trigger pull.. Go figure. I believe I suggested he and his kids not fire it and trade it for something else. I have no idea on its worth ( or lack thereof ) but new it may have cost around what a HRR .22 costs today on sale.

BTW, I called Taurus about the RR and its warranty.. I was told it was back to a lifetime warranty. This was around a month and a half ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.