Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Heritage rough rider 22LR
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Heritage rough rider 22LR offline and it was supposed to be a complete firearm,but was not. It is missing the most important part, the receiver. It is totally useless without it. Does anyone know if and where I can purchase one?
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
kik

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
I just bought a Heritage rough rider 22LR offline and it was supposed to be a complete firearm,but was not. It is missing the most important part, the receiver. It is totally useless without it. Does anyone know if and where I can purchase one? View attachment 489618 kik
Where did you buy it and from whom? If the receiver is gone, then make sure you have the serial number somewhere on the gun. If you find a serial number or if you don't, take it to a local Police and ask them to see if it is stolen. Check the cylinder. It should have a serial number on it somewhere.

·
Premium Member
8,036 Posts
Offline? Do you mean online? What were the circumstances of the sale? I'd get my money back immediately if it was not as advertised.

·
Registered
Living In Paradise
25 Posts
It looks like you didn't read the description or didn't know what you were doing. The name of the website you bought it from is called EveryGunPart.com. They sell gun part kits, not complete guns. Also, you can't buy a firearm on the internet and have it mailed to your house, that's a felony. You can have gun parts sent to your house but the not the serialized receiver. I think you just didn't know what you were doing.
I'll add that you can't buy a receiver for this gun. It's not something that exists anywhere You just have to go buy the whole gun from a gun store.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you buy it and from whom? If the receiver is gone, then make sure you have the serial number somewhere on the gun. If you find a serial number or if you don't, take it to a local Police and ask them to see if it is stolen. Check the cylinder. It should have a serial number on it somewhere.
I purchased it online from every gun part. Com. It was supposed to be a complete firearm. When I received it, it was package very nice. It's a complete, it's in pieces and missing the most important part. They don't except return with out going through a lot of red tape. You have to pay the shipping fee to return it and they charge a very large restocking fee.
Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like you didn't read the description or didn't know what you were doing. The name of the website you bought it from is called EveryGunPart.com. They sell gun part kits, not complete guns. Also, you can't buy a firearm on the internet and have it mailed to your house, that's a felony. You can have gun parts sent to your house but the not the serialized receiver. I think you just didn't know what you were doing.
I'll add that you can't buy a receiver for this gun. It's not something that exists anywhere You just have to go buy the whole gun from a gun store.
Your right, I just didn't read all of the fine print. You can purchase firearms online and have them shipped to your home, if you have a FFL(Federal Firearm License). Thanks

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
I hope that you didn't pay a lot considering you can buy the entire revolver assembled for under 130 bucks. If you want one, head to Academy and get it saving yours fir spare parts or piece them out on auctions .

Reactions: cnc1 and Dad1911

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,036 Posts
I hope that you didn't pay a lot considering you can buy the entire revolver assembled for under 130 bucks. If you want one, head to Academy and get it saving yours fir spare parts or piece them out on auctions .
Yeah, I wonder about that. I'd never seen that web site so I looked at a few kits. Wow, they are very expensive! Some of the kits were as much as a used gun on GunBroker.

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Because I tried other forums and one has chat for the manufacture. I just thought that there might be someone on here that could help. I'm sorry, I will leave.
Sorry didn’t mean to make you leave. Just wondered why it was under the wrong forum. As far as the Rough Rider you bought I’d try to get my money back as I’m sure you’ll never find just a frame for sale.

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
Because I tried other forums and one has chat for the manufacture. I just thought that there might be someone on here that could help. I'm sorry, I will leave.
Picking a different forum is no big deal, actually not a problem at all. Good luck getting the handgun that you want .

Reactions: bobbojama

·
Registered
Living In Paradise
25 Posts
Your right, I just didn't read all of the fine print. You can purchase firearms online and have them shipped to your home, if you have a FFL(Federal Firearm License). Thanks
Yes, I was referring to you and I assume you don't have an FFL. It's not a total loss. Go buy a Heritage Rough Rider from a gun shop and now you will have an extra cylinder, grips and spare parts. The Rough Rider can actually take a 22 LR or 22 Magnum cylinder. Which ever one you have now just buy the other when you get the gun. The guns are only about $120 new.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts