Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
Been reading this forum for a while, but just joined today.
After reading all the reviews and positive remarks on this site and others, I took the plunge and bought a new PT 1911 last week.
Haven't had a chance to shoot it for accuracy yet, but I did run a box of UMC through it this morning, and it ran flawlessly!
Here's a couple pics:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nice! What grips are those? I have some Hogue grips on my SA GI that looks the same as those; they are much nicer to shoot with than the factory wood ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are Hogue grips. They feel soooo much better (to me) than the factory grips.
I had to do a little cutting on the grips for the safety tang to function freely, other than that, they fit like a glove.

·
Registered
10 Posts
oh man, thats killer!!! no pun intended.
ive been drooling on the pt 1911 at my local shop and ive been reading alot of good things about them. when santa comes to the mall, we are going to have a talk!!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
You will enjoy these guns. I've had the Hogue grips on a 1911 and they feel good, but with the checkering on the front and back of the frame a set of smooth fancy coco bolo grips look really nice and feel good too.

Basically whatever floats your boat... you will enjoy the fact that these guns just simply do what they are designed to do... go bang each time the trigger is pulled and hit what you are pointing at!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Yo slinger, welcome to the forum, & congrats on your new PT1911.
I'm gonna be in Joplin next month. Do you live anywhere near Joplin?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
locknload said:
Yo slinger, welcome to the forum, & congrats on your new PT1911.
I'm gonna be in Joplin next month. Do you live anywhere near Joplin?
Thanks!
No, we live about 25 miles SE of Springfield.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice PT1911 Slinger, mine is identical. Welcome to the forum as well and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts