Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was not in the market for a single stack 9 but was helping my co-worker find a Nano (he is a Beretta guy) and one of my LGS had a 709 in stock. Was 419.99 originally, but had been reduced to 299 for a quick sale. I could not pass up on it, and am glad I did not. My second Taurus and also backed by the Davidson's lifetime warranty. Feels good in the hand - not as nice as the PT111 which I chose over this not too long ago. Hoping to get some shooting in tomorrow, if weather cooperates.

Did give it a good cleaning this afternoon. It was packed with cosmoline, and took forever to get the stuff off of there. Even the magazine was soaked in the stuff and took some pretty good scrubbing to get it all out of there. Not sure if the mag got put back together - but the range time will help me figure that one out.

DSCN2279.JPG
Found a case too!!

DSCN2281.JPG
The other side.

DSCN2284.JPG
Complimentary Cleaning cloth from Ruger.

DSCN2286.JPG

Siblings.

Thanks all for your help in making my spur-of-the-moment-decision.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Congrats. Please report back after the first range trip.

Reactions: shiftace

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love my 709.... it's my EDC :D I highly recommend you add the Pearce Grips, you won't be sorry :) (I've added them since this pic)
What be the holster pictured in that post? Am leaning towards the N82 Tactical for IWB.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on corralling yet another fine Taurus handgun!

Both the 709 and 740 are great carry guns. :guns:
Taurus PT740 Slim  (6).JPG

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
What is the holster pictured there? Do, you pocket carry this?

It is a little Blackhawk OWB belt holster which came from WalMart. Taurus PT740 Slim  (13).JPG

·
Registered
218 Posts
looking good i have carried my 709 ecery day for a year great little gun!

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
Nice carry gun and a very good deal.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Glad you finally got it in your hands. Congrats and let us know how she shoots. Remember - firm two handed grip and just the pad of the finger on the trigger for best results.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Enjoy! Congratulations on the new purchase!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks all.

Ordered a Remore No Clip holster, using their Father's Day special coupon. I hit the button on Sunday, and it will be delivered this evening in MN. Now, that is fast.

Reactions: bmbroker
1 - 20 of 34 Posts