Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the safe wiping down all the handguns with a silicon cloth (one of my least favorite gun chores) and I realized just how many hand guns I have not shot in a long time. Recognizing an excuse to stop wiping down guns I picked up a revolver, grabbed a couple boxes of ammunition, and headed out the door.

The gun I chose was a stainless 4 inch Taurus model 431 in .44 special. I don't know how long it has been since I shot this gun but I do know it has been more than a year. What can I say? There are only so many range hours in a week!

The gun is a joy to shoot. On my Lyman Digital Trigger Pull Scale the 431 needed 8 lbs and 3 ounces to cycle the gun double action. Single action was a more comfortable 3 lbs 13 ounces. These numbers were taken as an average of five pulls each. The rear sight is a simple notch in the frame and the front sight just a serrated ramp.

I am including a picture of the gun and a picture of a target showing my best five shot group freehand a 10 yards....

Don

Attachments

·
9,093 Posts
Wow that is a fine looking revolver and even finer shooting. Thanks for getting the old friend out of captivity.

·
23,203 Posts
Handsome gun, and fine shooting! I saw a Taurus .44 snub at Cabelas a few weeks ago; wish they'd have taken the trigger lock off so I could have inspected it properly. It might be in my safe right now!

Reactions: BangBang

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice gun! I own its cousin a three inch 441 (same gun but has an adjustable rear sight). Just last week I decided to sell it off to thin the heard. I polished it up to get it ready and it looked so nice I decided to keep it. I would like to post a pic, but I just joined the forum a few minutes ago and have not figured out how to do it.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I disagree. I think it is real fine shooting, but an even finer looking gun. It sure leaves big holes in the target!

Well, it is only a 4 inch Target so that makes the holes look big I imagine. I mean, yes, a 44 makes a pretty mean hole and I sure wouldn't want to be shot with it. :eek:

Don

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
To my eyes it's a beauty,thanks for sharing.:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts