Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
We now have another whistleblower complaint which sounds like it is going to go down another impeachment path and waste a lot of time and money.

A Dr Bright is saying he was kicked off a Covid-19 research panel for complaining that Trump was recommending "unproven" treatments and recommending people drink or inject Lysol and Clorox. Hmmm. I just don't recall him ever recommending Lysol or Clorox. And we have actually got some prospective clinical study data which show a very strong support for hydroxychloroquine (Bright's definition of "unproven" treatments).

Oh man, not again. Can we just get over this crap (virus) and move forward? I don't see anything he is making reference to as either truth (Lysol, Clorox) or he is behind the learning curve (hydroxychloroquine). But he is getting fast tracked as I heard a bit of his testimony to (who else) Nadler on the radio a few minutes ago.

I hope they don't think they can blackmail Trump by threatening to push the whistleblower through if he doesn't sign the Pelosi $ 3 Trillion package. This is how I see this being potentially used in the next month or so.

Administrator
Jeeze. I hope they don't bring that bug eyed creep and Nadler the toad back again. Actually, I hope it doesn't happen at all. But the left must keep the pot stirred til the election in November, and likely beyond.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think the country would remain as closed as it is if a Dem was in office of POTUS?

Do you think the country would remain as closed as it is if a Dem was in office of POTUS?
Yes, because everything is about a governmental power grab to them.

I hope they do try another impeachment. It will bog congress down (generally good for the country - or better than that pack of morons actually "making things better" according to their judgment) and show to any undecideds that the democratic party has no interest in actually functioning or doing the nation's business.

Super Moderator
Well, drinking lysol is just a LITTLE bit obvious a drummed up charge, don't cha think? But, stupid and blinded by hate as the dems are, they'd probably fall for it. Thing is, they're not going to win over their opposition with that line.

....Morons.....

Registered
People are stupid. Toxic substances are often used medically. Ethyl glycol, used in anti-freeze, is often used in the colon to treat chronic constipation. Straight alcohol is sometimes used as a cardiac lavage.

Registered
Personally, I almost hope they try to pull this second impeachment coup off.

It would show any and all Americans who aren't afflicted with TDS that the Dims are far more interested in getting rid of President Trump than they are about doing ANYTHING to benefit the American people.

Remember, the first impeachment effort actually BOOSTED the President's approval ratings. I can't see a repeat doing any less, especially since the President's response to this crisis has also improved his approval ratings.

Administrator
Do dems really think that the American people are in the mood for a SECOND go-around of nonsensical hype and hysteria about Trump's transgressions? Do they even consider that they might be cutting their own throats for November? Well, roll the dice and take your chance.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #10
People are stupid. Toxic substances are often used medically. Ethyl glycol, used in anti-freeze, is often used in the colon to treat chronic constipation. Straight alcohol is sometimes used as a cardiac lavage.
Not sure if your alcohol comment was in jest but you are right, there is an IV form of ethanol which can be used usually to flush the kidneys. Back in the day (yeah, my day) when we admitted people for kidney stones we would order a 6 pack of beer on ice in the room and recommend at least a six pack a day - if no contraindications, of course. Ethanol inhibits ADH (anti diuretic hormone) an enzyme that encourages the kidneys to reabsorb water from the urine. The intent is to keep as much water flowing through the kidneys as possible to try to kick the stone loose.

This does not work for the other alcohols such as methyl alcohol (wood alcohol) as it is poisonous (has one -OH)n isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) also poisonous etc. Only the two carbon alcohol (ethanol) is safe.

If you want to flush the GI tract, use sorbitol - not ethylene glycol (anti-freeze). Sorbitol is a common sweetener that is not absorbed from the GI tract so it pulls fluid with it and, like ethanol does on the kidneys, helps jar things loose downstream. Like fighting Klingons around Uranus.

Premium Member
We might have heard it was a bad flu year and that would have been the end of it.

Registered
We might have heard it was a bad flu year and that would have been the end of it.
Absolutely. And all those dozens of other countries that closed up would have never done it either.

Premium Member
Not sure if your alcohol comment was in jest but you are right, there is an IV form of ethanol which can be used usually to flush the kidneys. Back in the day (yeah, my day) when we admitted people for kidney stones we would order a 6 pack of beer on ice in the room and recommend at least a six pack a day - if no contraindications, of course. Ethanol inhibits ADH (anti diuretic hormone) an enzyme that encourages the kidneys to reabsorb water from the urine. The intent is to keep as much water flowing through the kidneys as possible to try to kick the stone loose.

This does not work for the other alcohols such as methyl alcohol (wood alcohol) as it is poisonous (has one -OH)n isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) also poisonous etc. Only the two carbon alcohol (ethanol) is safe.

If you want to flush the GI tract, use sorbitol - not ethylene glycol (anti-freeze). Sorbitol is a common sweetener that is not absorbed from the GI tract so it pulls fluid with it and, like ethanol does on the kidneys, helps jar things loose downstream. Like fighting Klingons around Uranus.
TMI! Gives me a worrying feeling in my colon.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #16
TMI! Gives me a worrying feeling in my colon.
Was not my intent to make yer colon worry. I just wanted everyone to know that ethylene glycol (anti-freeze) is poisonous - PERIOD! There is never a time to give some one antifreeze I don't care how sick or possessed by evil they might be - call an exorcist if need be but no antifreeze. But look at the label on sugarless sweet things like chewing gum or bubble gum. Most commonly they have sorbitol as their sweetener which might help 'splain why your bowels might be a little loose if you chain chew that stuff.

Registered

Considering how much hospitals mark up the simple OTC drugs while being hospitalized, I would hate to see what the cost of a "medically prescribed" six pack of beer cost!!!

What brand would be considered "generic" beer, I'm pretty sure that is what most health insurance providers would cover...if that.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #18
In cases where I've seen it used it has been left up to the patient's brand preference. And, no, not allowed to substitute hard liquor for beer. Point is to flood the kidneys but not get the patient drunk. And even 1.5% ETOH beer is enough to inhibit the ADH I mentioned earlier. If the patient is a teetotaler then increase the IV fluid rate and give lasix (loop diuretic) if necessary but you gotta do what you can to push the stone downstream.

Registered
Thinking the same thing. Didn't we have a serious SARS outbreak during Obama's dictatorship?

Reactions: jtg452

Banned
The country would have already economically collapsed as Hillary's GDP growth of .08% would not have supported a shutdown of over few days. She'd of had the Nat'l Guard out at every intersection to 'quell the disturbing and escalating violence of the Right.' Maybe so, as the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. From my cold dead hands, Hillary. Bank on it.

Reactions: jtg452
1 - 20 of 38 Posts