·
Registered
959 Posts
Good looking GUN...<:))

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered one today after I found out that .17 HMR was rimfire, which makes shooting much, much cheaper. Got one for $474 out the door, includes shipping and tax. MSRP is about $569. Sure is a beautiful long gun and apparently (from what I've read) has a buttery smooth action and trigger.

Will take a week or two for delivery.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Its very fast ammo and also very accurate i guess depending on how good your rifle is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the Henry showed up, but a mistake was made and they shipped a .22 MagWMR by mistake. But I bought it anyway. Ammo seems about the same price and I would assume .22 Mag is more easily found in smaller towns than .17HMR.

Never had a .22 Mag rifle. Are they good shooter to 100 yards?

·
Registered
54 Posts
AZ605 said:
Well, the Henry showed up, but a mistake was made and they shipped a .22 MagWMR by mistake. But I bought it anyway. Ammo seems about the same price and I would assume .22 Mag is more easily found in smaller towns than .17HMR.

Never had a .22 Mag rifle. Are they good shooter to 100 yards?
I like the .22WMR better than the .17HMR-- but not because of performance. Like you said, .22 Mag is easier to find in normal places but not sure if it is cheaper-- I may pick up a Rossi single shot .17HMR just to have-- scope it out, and it looks to be a nice varmiter-- flat shopoting and fast as heck-- of course the .17Mach 2 would work better for me-- that looks like a perfect squirrel gun--and I love me some squirrels!!!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
.17HMR is a more accurate round than the .22 I personally have found (IMHO). It is "extremely" accurate, and a great plinker round. In my area, the prices are about the exact same for .22 and .17HMR. This is a great little round, and it's hyper-velocity. As far as a 100 yarder.... absolutely, it's great for 100 yard shots.

·
Premium Member
11,131 Posts
My eleven yr. old grandson has already informed me that the 22lr Golden Boy that I have should be a present to my oldest grandson (guess who), just like when my grandfather left me his Marlin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts