Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't have a hemostat, I recommend you get one or two (e.g.: Hemostat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

I see these at all the gun shows; they are commonly available in straight and curved jaws. They are great for cleaning the inside of magazines and magazine wells and also the inside of the frame. Just use it to grip a piece of rag or cleaning wad, saturate with your cleaning stuff (CLP, Remoil, Hopes, etc) and wipe. Then dry with a clean wad. You can easily get into many places your fingers won't reach and you won't nick yourfingers. I love these things.

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
In the 70's they called those "Roach Clips"
A friend of mine said the same thing, I guess he collected insects! I tried them on a butterfly collection, but they weren't all that great! ;)

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
If you don't have a hemostat, I recommend you get one or two (e.g.: Hemostat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

I see these at all the gun shows; they are commonly available in straight and curved jaws. They are great for cleaning the inside of magazines and magazine wells and also the inside of the frame. Just use it to grip a piece of rag or cleaning wad, saturate with your cleaning stuff (CLP, Remoil, Hopes, etc) and wipe. Then dry with a clean wad. You can easily get into many places your fingers won't reach and you won't nick yourfingers. I love these things.
Heck, Its the worlds first "VISE GRIP" what else needs to be said???
and what is it that you guys are trying to clip that roach to anyway?
that was one really good thing back in the 70's about being on Tenth street in Hotlanta, there was no excuse for anyone to bleed to death as there was an over abundance of hemistats available for use!

·
10,379 Posts
I have about 5 hemostats in various configurations. Use 'em primarily for manipulating hooks if a fish swallows the bait entirely (or has big honkin' teeth) so I can get the hook out with minimal damage for a better chance of a live release.

To be honest, never really dawned on me to use one for cleaning a mag, Ill definitely have to give it a shot.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
If you couldn't get hemostats, the miniature alligator clips from Radio Shack worked also.
The smooth ones, not with the teeth.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great idea! I have a pair of tweezers with loop handles like a hemostat and I'll bet they'd work, too. Also for getting inside the magwell.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
And here i am being archaic with a rag wrapped around the end of a long screwdriver. Or maybe i'm just being cheap and lazy. :D

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
You can usually find a table of Hemistats at flea markets fairly cheap, $2 to $5 depending on the size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts