Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dear close relative inherited his fathers’ collection of firearms. Several pistols and rifles/shotguns. Most are very old and in really good condition. He has asked me to help him figure out their age and value so that he can sell them. Obviously this man did not buy junk. We are working on getting pictures of all of them but I did manage to make a list with serial numbers to tract down what year they are from. Just this morning I was able to date 4 of the revolvers:

1939 Colt Official Police .38 special 4” blue
1942 Colt Officers Model .22 LR 5” blue
1966 or 67 S&W .38 special CTG 4” blue
1964 or 65 S&W Model 29-2 .44 magnum 6 ½” nickel (DIRTY HARRY!)
Beretta Model 75 .22 LR….unable to date right now

Also some of the rifles are a:
Springfield 45-70 US Model 1873 (ELA 1877) engraved on the stock
Winchester Model 94 (30-30) his father got it as a teen back in the 1920’s or 30’s
Savage Model 72 octagon barrel single shot .22 LR lever action breech
Steyr M95 carbine bolt action
Waffenfabrik M78 bolt action long gun with bayonet lug
Eclipse double barrel 12 gauge rabbit ears full length (Belgium made I think)
Phoenix .44 cal single shot octagon barrel

There are others but I still have a lot of research to do. I maybe need to ask if there are sites available to assist in the research of the wonderful firearms if I cannot locate anything. I will try to help him determine a fair value for him as the seller and also for the prospective new owner. I will post pictures as we get them together. Maybe if some of you close to the Jacksonville, FL area are interested we could chat via PM. I assured him that I would only allow responsible gun owners know of these items. I would consider most everyone here to fit that category.

At this time they are not for sale so I hope this category is ok for this. I may need some help tracking down the age of some these so that we can properly advertise them when he is ready.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I may be interested in one, depending on price, but that can come latter. I live in Middleburg right below you. I will send you a PM with my information. Maybe we can get together and have lunch somewhere.

Reactions: sweatyk

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
With that many it might be beneficial to get an appraiser to come by.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
PM sent, will be looking forward to hearing from you.:thumb::thumb:

·
22,843 Posts
Must... not... start bidding... Will.... distract self... by... resenting AOCM.RET...

:D

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Personally if I was the owner I wouldn't be selling
all of them.............

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personally if I was the owner I wouldn't be selling
all of them.............

True but he's 75 and has been holding these for a while. Would rather let someone else appreciate them for what they are. None of his kids or grandchildren have GAS for this stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts