Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. So I'm new to the revolver world just bought a 44 mag ss model 44. I checked the timing on it while fully locked up and a sliver of the cylinder is visible on every chamber same side. Not sure if I should be worried or if I'm just being picky. Any info would help thanks.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hang tight, and some of our revolver gurus should be along in due time to assist you.

Welcome to TaurusArmed.net!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Can you post some pics? Are you saying you can see a sliver of the chamber that should be lined up with the barrel? If so, that doesn't sound right at all. I just checked my N44 and can't see any part of the chamber.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Howdy. So I'm new to the revolver world just bought a 44 mag ss model 44. I checked the timing on it while fully locked up and a sliver of the cylinder is visible on every chamber same side. Not sure if I should be worried or if I'm just being picky. Any info would help thanks.
You mean while looking down the barrel?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If you are looking down the barrel from the crown, probably using a small flashlight, you are putting the gun in full lock up(unloaded of course) and there is a sliver of an overlap where the cylinder bore meets the forcing cone it is not good. This happened to my M327 although for three out of six and mine is going in for service. I was not severe enough to cause leading however it did cause accuracy problems and did not treat the cylinder face on the barrel side well. Possible damage there. I made the mistake of proving it to myself by putting some round through it only to verify what I already new when I saw the same thing you did. If you have this you may have timing issues due to cylinder play during lock up or other reasons. Send her in.
Just my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts