Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed williams fire sights on my 247 pro ds 9mm , and I think they might be the wrong ones. The original rear sight covers that plate completely , the new sights only cover it half the way, did I order the wrong sights ???? williams #70897 the pics are from my cell phone .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If any member has a 247 ds with fire sights on it ., could you post a pic so I can see what the top of the sight looks like Thank You . :(

·
Registered
548 Posts
That is the part number Williams says are for the 24/7. So I assume that they are right unless somehow they were packaged wrong.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Even if you got the wrong part don't lose any sleep over it, as long as the sights are centered everything will be just fine. The heights might be off, but that's up to each shooter to decide.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I also just noticed they have a pic on their site that shows them set up the same way yers looks.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I just installed williams fire sights on my 247 pro ds 9mm , and I think they might be the wrong ones. The original rear sight covers that plate completely , the new sights only cover it half the way, did I order the wrong sights ???? williams #70897 the pics are from my cell phone .
70897 is the correct model for the 24/7 according to the website (below).

Pistol Fire Sight Sets by WILLIAMS Gun Sight Company, Inc.

I have installed several sets of 70897 and 70969 (adjustable model) on PT Millenium Pro's and PT 640 Pros (same model number Williams Firesights).

Call Williams at (800) 530 - 9028. Their people have been very good at customer service and technical help.

If for some reason you do not want them, let me know; I could always use another set. :D

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called williams today and the tech said both styles they offer are the ones for the 247 model hand guns.

·
Registered
855 Posts
No surprise there considering sights are somewhat universal within cut styles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts