Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys and girls I'm going to buy my first handgun soon and I have shot glock Sigma and XD and the local range. But a couple of weeks ago I went shooting with a mate of mine and he has a Taurus and I liked it a lot so I was thinking of getting a 24/7 Pro should I go for the full size or compact. The wife and I will both be using it

Thanks in advance

·
21,932 Posts
Both operate the same. If your wife is going to use the gun I would let her hold the gun and give her opinion. Guys tend to choose between models for more practical reasons like what it is primarily going to be used for. The ladies tend to decide more on comfort. What I mean is if its not too heavy and she can grip it well in her hand she will be comfortable shooting it.
The XD scores points with having a smaller than average grip for hi cap guns. I owned a XD .45 and like the way it felt. The only problem was I bought a Smith M&P .40 and all bets were off. As soon as I got the M&P .45 I sold the XD. My opinion is the M&P fits better in my hand than the XD.
I have a 24/7 9mm Longslide. The grip that came on the gun is a rubber type and is very comfortable. It gets good reviews from my friends who hold and shoot it.
The longslide would probably not be the best choice for a carry gun but since the standard and compact operate the same I say either one would be a good choice.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think it all comes down to comfort. I like the full size because my hands don't fit the compact as well. If your wife is going to shoot it and so are you then it needs to be comfortable for both of you. My advice...talk her into getting her own and then you can get the one that you want and so can she. ;D

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
How will you be using the gun? Is your wife going to carry it in her purse? If so, you may opt for the full sized gun, however if you are looking to carry it yourself concealed, the shorter barrel would be great.

·
32,481 Posts

·
32,481 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the Wife has shot both 9mm and 40 cal and Dam she is a good shot :D

·
32,481 Posts
Never tick the wife off too much. Gives them incentive to hit the target.
Hide all ammo seperate from the guns.

Just kidding of course, but the wife and daughter have shot better when angry at others before we went to the local bullseye competition.

Those mad moments were from others at their work places. They got over it easily, but the gals incentive was there.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
RogueAussie ...run while you still can (how did Qwiks find this post...Yikeess :eek:)

The wife and I will both be using it
I just shot a full size Glock .40 and it fit my hands...I have always not liked them because i have small hands...If you both are going to use it, definitly try the fit in her hands...A gun that fits my hand is the most important :D

I do have to say that I like afrats reply the best..lol :)
My advice...talk her into getting her own and then you can get the one that you want and so can she.
That sounds like a win win situation ;)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I've got the full size and love it. If it is too big for your wife then get the compact. Or get fullsize for you, compact for her.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think it comes down to how you will be using it. As a CC I use my XD Sub and Rossi .357, for around the house I use the 24/7 .40. All three shoot well and the wife is able to shoot them just fine.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
well i got 2 full size for me and my wife but wish i would have got the compact because they are for CC.but as far as range i am glad i got the full size.(o well its a reason to get 2 more)

·
Registered
280 Posts
rwcreigh said:
well i got 2 full size for me and my wife but wish i would have got the compact because they are for CC.but as far as range i am glad i got the full size.(o well its a reason to get 2 more)
I conceal carry my full size all the time and do it comfortably.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts