Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... i cannot figure out how to take apart my 24/7... i understand turning the little thingy clockwise... but wheres the button im supposed to press before it releases it? im not finding this... help would be GREAT

·
Registered
57 Posts
nix,

Let the slide come forward and press against the take-down pin. This will force it away from the frame a little. pull the slde back again and lock in place. Now you should be able to grasp the take-down lever and pull it out.

·
Registered
846 Posts
no button to release it, just pulls out on new guns they are tough, get a dime under it and it will help to pry it up. Don't scratch your gun. they get easier each time you do it. There should be a video on the Taurus web site you can watch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What has helped on my 24/7 is to hold the gun with the left side down. I then release the slide against the take down pin a couple of times and the pin pops out a bit. You can then twist the pin out. Here is a video that may help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhMpWRPMM98

Good luck

·
Registered
82 Posts
On mine, I do it like this:

With the gun pointing down and the chamber/slide opening pointing towards me (after I verify the gun is not loaded, of course), I place my thumb against the back of the chamber opening, and use my thumb to push the slide back just an 1/8th of an inch farther than the slide catch holds it. This takes any pressure off of the pin, then I just grasp the pin handle with index finger and thumb, and pull out the pin while slightly applying a twisting pressure to it, back and forth.

Sort of hard to explain, don't know if it helps.

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Strangely, I've got the opposite problem on my new Blued 9mm 24/7. Cannot get the Takedown Pin to snap back into place. I've Field Stripped it down and re-assmbled it twice before with no problems and now it won't go back together. Seems I can't get past the Takedown Pin Retention Spring for some reason.

Before all I did was to start the Flag of the Takedown Pin at 9:00 o'clock and twist in and it would snap into place. Now it won't do that! Taurus Customer Service told me to try starting it at 6:00 o'clock and that didn't work either.

Any Suggestions?

Methinks the Takedown Pin needs some minor alteration.

·
Registered
846 Posts
are you making sure your barrel is all the way forward? look to the link above on the u tube site see if that helps you. They get easier as you strip them which should be every time you shoot. The flat part of the lever should go in first I dont know what o'clock position you want to call that, just look and you will see . dont start alterations on the pin.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
WIth the gun pointing down and the pin out look to make sure the barrel and pin hole are completely lined up, it may be that you need to slightly push the barrel back a tiny bit to get the pin to go all the way in, my wifes new pink PT111 is like this. If I let the barrel just hang all the way forward while its pointing down the pin will not go all the way in because the holes are not lined up perfect so I heve to push back on the barrel about 1/32nds of an inch for it to line up and snap in to place.

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
As it turns out, it was none of the above. And a nice, simple solution! ;D

The solution to the problem was to take the cutout end of the Takedown Pin and mildly press the Takedown Pin Retention Spring down, with emphasis towards the muzzle end. Then the Takedown Pin snapped in quite easily, as it should! Problem Solved! :D

Called Taurus and let them know how I did it, as the Customer Service Rep I spoke with yesterday, didn't quite know what to do, as everything I had done up till that point, should've worked, and I had successfully disassembled and reassembled the Pistol, twice before that. Now they have a new suggestion to try for others who may experience the same problem!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well duh, lol. That dang pink gun above again! I showed your pics to the Ms. and now she wants to know if I can get her one in PURPLE! Thanks alot fellow Taurus owner. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts