Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a disassembly latch and a slide catch pin for the pt 24/7 pro c ds? Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find a disassembly latch and a slide catch pin for the pt 24/7 pro c ds? Any help would be appreciated
Welcome to the group!

My only suggestion is to call Taurus Customer Service and ask about parts availability. They have just started a new policy somewhat relaxing their "restricted parts policy" slowly making more parts available for purchase. Customer Service will have to answer your question. I am unaware of any third party sellers currently selling 24/7 parts (other than magazines, sights, etc.)

How old is your 24/7? Your pistol has a lifetime warranty and service policy, but you might have to pay to ship it to Miami. If customer service does not offer you a prepaid shipping ticket, it is often much cheaper to have a friendly FFL ship it to Miami then to ship it yourself.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome from Texas! The only place you can order them from is TaurusUSA.Two years ago, I order 2 take-down pins and a slide catch pin for my 24/7 OSS .45 from TaurusUSA. I am not sure if they let us order these parts anymore now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man. I lost the pin and spring in a quick field clean and haven't been able to find a soul that sells them aside from machining the parts from a gumsmith. Is the restricted parts list posted anywhere or just call customer service?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
You will need to call Taurus CS @ 1-800-327-3776 with your pistol serial number. They will tell you the availability of the parts and whether or not you can order them or you'll need to send the gun back to Taurus so they can repair it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a 2009 model I'm really hoping they can supply the parts. Never installed a slide catch pin on a Taurus but I imagine it can't be terribly difficult

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Don't worry. Yours is a Pro C DS as you said in post #1 so it's the latest revision of the 24/7 Pro C series and therefore, Taurus should have the replacement parts for it. You can find the PDF manuals for your Taurus guns on this page.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Beautiful gun! I have 2 just like that, one in 9mm and one in .45 ACP. Is yours a 9mm?

Edit: It's a .40, I just read your post in the new member forum.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
My 24/7 Pro C DS .45 is excellent. My favorite caliber is the .45 ACP so most of my handguns are in .45. I carried it very often as it's very easy to conceal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts