Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a millenium pro pt111 a couple days ago and brought the gun home and ceaned it, i shot it for the first time today and put 200 rounds through it and did not have one misfire ( winchester 9mm luger white box) however every shot was low and left i have read about sights being off and all the different sights to buy and i simply want to know which sights best fixed the problem and if you guys prefer brownell or williams sights.

·
Registered
178 Posts
dualshotty,

I would like to make a suggestion to you, before changing sights on your gun. Have a couple of other people, who have shot double action semi-automatics, shoot your gun, to rule out shooter error. I had a buddy, who also bought a PT-111, and experience the same problem. I have been shooting my PT-145 for several years and picked up his and proceeded to tear a ragged 1.5" hole at 15 yards with his gun, as did my son. After working with him on trigger control, grip and sight alignment, he is now doing the same.....actually a bit better. Just a piece of advice from a humble but experienced PT shooter. If the low and to the left point of impact, has already been proven by others, please disreguard this suggestion. I changed my sights to trijicon night sights and love them, but only because I wanted night sights on my PT-145.

tex

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice i had my dad shoot the gun and he has shot for years with semi autos and he had a problem with the gun shooting about an inch and a half low but it was not shooting left, so i asked another friend to shoot it and he also just shot low. thanks for the help and the advice this is my first semi auto gun with a larger round than a .22 other than the sight issue i love this gun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know the PT145 has Heine sites so your aim will be low if you don't adjust. Left I guess you figured out was probably you pulling. Get used to the sites and gun and enjoy!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Best advice i heard was make an 8 not a snowman. Try shooting off the top edge of the sights instead of looking at the dots and see if that helps. You will see that the dots don't sit right on top of each other their should be black between them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
going to shoot tomorrow i will try the 8 advice and post results i am hoping it works because frankly i am not happy with a 4 inch grouping at 10 yards

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same embarrassing reality as my LEO buddy lectures me on trigger control.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If one changes the sights does that void the warranty?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts