Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked it up this afternoon. It arrived Saturday afternoon at the LGS. The gun looks nice. I don't see any issues. It is labeled as factory refurbished rather than blemished. Still covered by the lifetime service policy. I'm planning to shoot it tomorrow to see how she goes. Stripped, wiped down, and lubed tonight. No issues detected. The trigger is smooth, but not especially light.

I also picked up 3 extra MecGar magazines at another LGS. The one close to home that did my transfer doesn't stock any 1911 mags.
My son and I put about 80 rounds through the PT-1911 this afternoon. She worked perfectly, but she shoots left. Rear sight appears to be way to the left edge. Does anyone know what size wrench I need to loosen the set screw on the Novak rear sight so I can drift it to the right? There was an Allen wrench in the box. I thought, cool, that's for the sights. Nope, the grip screws.

There is also a weird little piece in the box that we can't quite figure out what it does. Anybody know what this thing does?

Might be a dumb question, but I have no experience with 1911s.

·
Super Moderator
38,045 Posts
Hey DT...I moved you to a new thread to get more attention...

Reactions: dennisturner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts