Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Taurus gaucho .45 colt single action that has been broken for several years. I finally decided to take steps to have it fixed and thus far I have been less than successful. The issue I'm having, is that I cant get the hammer to cock past stage 1. Stage 2 allows the cylinder to rotate (for loading) stage 3 i believe is a safety of sorts( though the trigger still drops the hammer on mine) and stage 4 is for firing. Its bound up and wont cock past stage 1. What's interesting is that when i remove the cylinder pin just slightly, it functions as it should, but when its fully inserted and locked, its bound up. I'm at a loss

·
Registered
850 Posts
A decade ago, I had a chance to buy a pair of like new .45 Gauchos replete with a nicely tooled Buscadero rig. The revolvers had the prettiest blueing and their case hardened frames were gorgeous. $400, but I was broke at the time and the leather rig was fitted for a featherweight.

As for your problem child, the main weaknesses found in some Gauchos focus in on misaligned transfer bars and issues with soft base pins becoming distorted after use. I find it hard to believe, yet one complainant even said their cylinder base pin hole was drilled crooked, causing it to wobble on the base pin.

Roll your base pin on a flat glass surface and see if its bent.

Lots of Gaucho owners are out there without these bugs. This should be an easy fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts