Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you tried a different brand of ammo? Could be it’s just picky. Not a Taurus (both of mine load/eject fine thankfully). But we have an old S&W model 59 that’s finicky and a mini 14 that just doesn’t want to feed reloads. Sometimes they’re just bitchy, sometimes something is wrong……

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried some but the sight won't stay put taurus reattached he'd it after the first time but it popped off a second time. After I get a new screw I'll fix that myself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the extractor needs replacing. To check try and drop a round in the chamber and see if it falls out when tipped. Some times could be combination of slightly over sized brass and or chamber not spec.
I do notice that winchester brass is very slightly different from just about every other 9 mm casing I have on hand. Checked against Remington umc, magtec. Speer gold dots and federal hst. The extractor does hold the round though.
My gunsmith said he will be more than happy to fix it for me so we will see how that goes I guess.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Remove the slide and slip a round under the extractor. Hold the slide level and shake side to side gently. The round should stay in place.

Reactions: PTDOUDE and brojohn

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I do notice that winchester brass is very slightly different from just about every other 9 mm casing I have on hand. Checked against Remington umc, magtec. Speer gold dots and federal hst. The extractor does hold the round though.
My gunsmith said he will be more than happy to fix it for me so we will see how that goes I guess.
If extractor holds round then would try cleaning and polishing inside of chamber.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Obvious things

1. Is the extractor broke? Or the little hook that catches the rim got debris stuck in it?

2. Does loaded ammo go into the chamber freely? Have you checked the casings for scratch marks or dents that might show a burr
Or fault in the chamber?

3. Some 9mm pistols, like Springfield Rangemaster
1911 have tight chambers. A friend of mine had to get his chamber reamed to standard 9mm size
It would only shoot one brand of ammo without issues

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has not been mentioned yet but LIMP WRISTING can and will be the cause and effect ! Have another experienced shooter take the firearm to the range !
With all due respect I have plenty of experience to know I am not limp wristing it. I shoot a fair amount and have and shoot multiple micro 9 mm pistols weekly. Also I shoot with my son who is also experienced with the same results.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
With all due respect I have plenty of experience to know I am not limp wristing it. I shoot a fair amount and have and shoot multiple micro 9 mm pistols weekly. Also I shoot with my son who is also experienced with the same results.
No dis-respect intended ! Just offered an alternative to your question as it does happen quite often shooters blame the gun ,the ammo and lastly limp wristing .As I have not yet had the chance to shoot a G 4 to compare to my Glock 43x,G3C,Glock 42 all of wheich do not exhibit any issues at all. I wish you good luck resolveing the G4 .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No dis-respect intended ! Just offered an alternative to your question as it does happen quite often shooters blame the gun ,the ammo and lastly limp wristing .As I have not yet had the chance to shoot a G 4 to compare to my Glock 43x,G3C,Glock 42 all of wheich do not exhibit any issues at all. I wish you good luck resolveing the G4 .
Other than the issues with quality control. (Not just the failure to extract) the gun is great I bought it to compare to my springfield hellcat and while the hellcat is awesome the gx4 is better in some ways (very good factory trigger).
Once my gunsmith fixes it, it will be a great ccw.
I recommend trying one sometime I much prefer it to my glock 43 aside from the issues that will be fixed

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No dis-respect intended ! Just offered an alternative to your question as it does happen quite often shooters blame the gun ,the ammo and lastly limp wristing .
I didn't take it as disrespect. I just put with all due respect in my response as I didn't want to come across dismissive as I know limp wristing can be an issue.

On a side note just for my own knowledge doesn't limp wristing generally cause more of a stovepipe issue vs where mine is only pulling the case out 1/8th to 1/4 inch before letting go as in the pics?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts