Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a model 66 357 with a serial # starting with 513...i would like to know the approximate age annd value of it of anyone can help...i tried the taurus website and found no results...i also called the company and since the serial# has no letters in it all they could tell me was it was imported by them and the warranty is good...i. Feel like I got a really good deal on it because I traded a mossberg maverick 88 for it that I paid $175 for...of anyone can help I would be very grateful...thanks

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Looks like they're asking around $400 on the auction sites. That's consistent with my Blue Book of Gun Valves ranging from low $300s to mid $400s for model 66s in excellent condition.

I can place production as far back as 1986 but there may be older models then that.

Coop

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hunter13, I see this is your very first post, so it is my pleasure to welcome you to TaurusArmed.net.

When you have a chance, drop over to the Member Introduction forum and formerly introduce yourself to our members and staff.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I also have a 66 of the same era and got the same answer as you. Good luck finding more info :)

As for a good trade, well, I have a Maverick 88 as well and would say yes, very good deal if you only paid $175. I like my Maverick, but LOVE my 66. It's classic, accurate and well-built!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome to the TA forum. I may be able to offer you and JayRitz a little help on the age of your Model 66s.

SGTMAJOR posted a picture in another thread of a 4 inch Model 66 .357 Magnum serial #15,9xx that he said was purchased new by his father in 1980. I purchased my same model with serial #4,0xx new in 1978. In both cases we don't know how long the retailers had them in inventory, but the two serial numbers should help you narrow down the dates for yours.

BTW mine is still my favorite and most accurate at the range, and if yours shoots as well as mine $175 was a good deal.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
OhioPaul yer model 66 is almost as old as I am lol. Very cool that you are still shooting that classic model 66!

Coop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts