5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can get a 24/7 OSS 45, but would have to give up
my MilPro PT145....
Which one would you chose?

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Depends on the usage of the gun.Conceal carry?The 145 wins.Anything else the 24/7 wins hands down in my book.The 145 will be cheaper to buy back later.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after considerable thought, and shooting the PT145 today, I
came to the conclusion that I can't part with it.
On the other hand I can part with the 24/7 G2 9mm, not a big 9mm fan(nothing against them) and
this way I only have to worry about 4 different calibers instead of 5.
Going to go pick up the 24/7 OSS 45. tomorrow.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Well, after considerable thought, and shooting the PT145 today, I
came to the conclusion that I can't part with it.
On the other hand I can part with the 24/7 G2 9mm, not a big 9mm fan(nothing against them) and
this way I only have to worry about 4 different calibers instead of 5.
Going to go pick up the 24/7 OSS 45. tomorrow.

Now, you're talkin'!

The 24/7 OSS DS .45 ACP is one of the premier pistols that Taurus ever made, IMHO.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, on a side note, the wifes PT22 is so nice to shoot, did my
usual OCD prep and took it out today also. Accurate little bugger, and never
failed once, even using Remington Thunderbolt ammo. Wife loves it!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Believe me, the OSS .45 is a much better gun than the PT145 and it feels so good in my hand (and I do love the PT145 so much). I am sure you will love it like I love mine.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Good call on the 24/7 OSS in .45. They are great guns and I wouldn't trade mine for anything. It was my favorite til I received a PT1911 in .45 for Christmas.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Please keep us updated with your quest and remember to post pics.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, here is the story, realizing it's just my side of it. So I go too the LGS this morning,taking
my NEW 24/7 G2 9mm to trade, as well as 2 boxes of ammo that I would no longer need.
After looking at the 9mm, owner say's" I can't sell it as new, cause you cleaned it!
Still has warranty card and all the goodies. Tells me he can give me $315.00 for the gun and ammo, and the
difference would be $150.00 plus tax's. So I go to my bank and see I have $100.00 to give him, I figure
"how many guns have I bought from him in the last 3 months, 3 total, I will see if we can bargain?
Get back and tell him all I have is $100.00 and the 9mm IS a 2012 and is NEW, whereas the OSS is a 2010 and
been sitting in his shop for awhile. He tells me"I can't do the deal, but you can put it on layaway and only
owe $70.00 more total. Picked up my 9mm and left. Cases are mostly bare, and that gun has been sitting out for
a month! Screw it, I will keep my 9mm, and should the opportunity arise again, I will get one.....:mad:

·
Administrator
18,183 Posts
Good Call! :cool: Wait for the deal you want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts