·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
17,502 Posts
The ONLY AK I'd want is one of these:

And they go for about $600.....The folding stock alone goes for $340, which is sucker bait.

If I had it to do over again, I'd probably buy an AK but I'm getting too old for that now. I did get my AR with collapsible stock, which is the one I always wanted anyway. Bipod, 3~9X variable scope, 40 round mag, laser attachment, flashlight bracket.

AR15 with scope 02.jpg

Of course, this one would be OK too. The one that Carlos Hathcock made his longest kill with:

50 cal sniper gun 01.jpg

Reactions: rollin thunder

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
That's not a bad deal for an original receiver/barrel. The rest is just trigger bits and furniture.

Now if it was a tRASh-47, run, Forrest, run!!!!!

Reactions: rollin thunder

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
What I know about AK's would probably fit into it's 40 caliber shell casing. :)

What to buy, depends on what you want to do with it. If you're looking to put thousands of rounds through it every year, I would spend the money to get a higher quality AK. If like most people, you just wanna have fun, I think that one (or any of the bargain AK's) will be fine.

I have the Century arms C39v2, it's not the best, but I just wanna have fun with it. I've had no issues with it at all, but only fired a few hundred rounds.

Not to persuade at all just throwing another option, the PSA AK received very good review with THE AK guy on YT (My Opinion)... AKOU

These are new builds, not parts guns.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blemished-psa-ak47-liberty-moekov-rifle-black-5165448535b.html

·
Premium Member
4,941 Posts
Good price - don't know much about James River. Is there a return policy on it? You want one where the sights are aligned and the integrity of the final assembly is good.

·
Registered
983 Posts
For someone just wanting an AK and not wanting to spend a bunch of money, it would be a good purchase.
Most of the reviews I've seen on James River products have been positive (I want one of their M14's)

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
The Poles and Czechs made better Soviet weapons than the Russians for the most part. I would buy it if I was in the market.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts