Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought my first hand gun, a taurus g3c a few weeks ago. Fired only 25 rounds off. It has jammed in my gun safety class and jammed when practicing at the gun range. The sec jam was the last, cause the magazine release button has literally fell off. Should I contact the manufacturer or take it back where I purchased it? New to owning guns and still have a lot to learn.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Looks like magazine release spring either broke or was not put in properly . Pretty easy fix if the springs were available. Would return it to where you purchased it and try and have them replace it. If it needs parts and you have to send it back to Taurus be ready for a long wait to have it fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like magazine release spring either broke or was not put in properly . Pretty easy fix if the springs were available. Would return it to where you purchased it and try and have them replace it. If it needs parts and you have to send it back to Taurus be ready for a long wait to have it fixed.
Is this a common thing with this model? Are the springs hard to fine for it?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Not really. I have not read about many issues with the G3C's magazine release spring. There is a post here somewhere on how to replace it. Will look around for it and try and link it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah other h=than failure to go into battery with JHP rounds at first mine has been totally trouble free especially now that it's broken in better

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Welcome aboard! Sorry to hear of your troubles I hope there is a easy fix.

·
Super Moderator
36,744 Posts
Welcome from northern Illinois. Good luck with the fix.

Reactions: MARINEDIVISIONTWO

·
Registered
954 Posts
First I have heard of the mag catch falling out .I also would believe the spring was not fully locked into notch of the catch,easy fix if spring is available if not Taurus will get you one asap ,dont give up on theis graet firearm .

·
Registered
36,587 Posts
whether your Gun Shop will help you really depends on how friendly/helpful they are.
MY regular hangout would bend over backward to help you--course they do not deal in taurus firearms due to the customer service an lack of dealer support.
anyway. contact the gun store (face to face with gun) is the best way and let them look at it, perhaps they can assist you, IF you need to return it to taurus for repair you will need some patience likely, I doubt even your gun shop /gunsmith can get parts needed but you never know!

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
80 Posts
I went by the large local gun store here in town saturday and the only pistols left in their display cases were a couple of these and a couple megabuck Sigs. The place did not have any ammo on the shelf but did have a good supply of rifles and shotguns in all styles. Even the used gun case was virtually bare. Are these shootings on the evening news bugging people out this bad?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I went by the large local gun store here in town saturday and the only pistols left in their display cases were a couple of these and a couple megabuck Sigs. The place did not have any ammo on the shelf but did have a good supply of rifles and shotguns in all styles. Even the used gun case was virtually bare. Are these shootings on the evening news bugging people out this bad?
They're bugging me for sure. Our area (Rockford IL) is becoming more like Rockghansitan.

·
Registered
36,587 Posts
I think its a combo of several things, like the riots/demonstrations over the last year plus, the election, the election of non gunners and talk of bans-restrictions, the stimulus checks, Remington being out of the ammo business for a while due to bankruptcy, and yes the current and always ongoing violence in the news,
my particular hangout has done pretty well in keeping firearms in stock, especially S & W, CZ, Glock and Ruger.
not as many as usual but still i would guess some 100-120 plus weapons in the pistol class and a good many black rifles and shotguns.
ammo is still hit and miss however.

·
Administrator
18,038 Posts
If I had this problem I would contact Taurus and and either send it back or have them send me the parts needed to fix the Pistol.
In the past, they never had a problem sending me minor parts, but their policies on that may have changed.
If your Gun Dealer has Gunsmith services, that would be my first stop.

They're bugging me for sure. Our area (Rockford IL) is becoming more like Rockghansitan.
I'm in Rockford, IL too and we've been calling it Rockfordistan for quite a long time now.
Rockghansitan works, too!

Also note, I am a Life Member of Rockford's Pine Tree Pistol Club, and a former Board Member.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
59 Posts
How do you like that club? It seems rather daunting to be able to get in or join. I been going to Leo's in Loves Park. (Former KAPS). Leo's is pretty nice. They remodeled range fees are decent but adding a second shooter (i.e. if my wife comes along) is crazy high. Would love to try Pine Tree though. I think it's a bit closer to where I live as I am out in Cherry Valley Township

·
Administrator
18,038 Posts
How do you like that club? It seems rather daunting to be able to get in or join. I been going to Leo's in Loves Park. (Former KAPS). Leo's is pretty nice. They remodeled range fees are decent but adding a second shooter (i.e. if my wife comes along) is crazy high. Would love to try Pine Tree though. I think it's a bit closer to where I live as I am out in Cherry Valley Township
Love it! Been a member since April 1984
Try one of our "Open to the Public" Range days: Open to The Public

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just bought my first hand gun, a taurus g3c a few weeks ago. Fired only 25 rounds off. It has jammed in my gun safety class and jammed when practicing at the gun range. The sec jam was the last, cause the magazine release button has literally fell off. Should I contact the manufacturer or take it back where I purchased it? New to owning guns and still have a lot to learn. View attachment 478110
Just bought my first hand gun, a taurus g3c a few weeks ago. Fired only 25 rounds off. It has jammed in my gun safety class and jammed when practicing at the gun range. The sec jam was the last, cause the magazine release button has literally fell off. Should I contact the manufacturer or take it back where I purchased it? New to owning guns and still have a lot to learn. View attachment 478110
As far as your pistol jamming, I really suspect "limp wristing". Please Google it, it's a very real scenario when shooting semi-auto pistols. I only have one Taurus weapon (a PT111 Pro) and it fired fine for me but others less experienced would encounter relentless jams. Once figured out everyone had fun and the jams quit. It's simple if it ends up being you and not a weapon problem, and that is good news! An easy fix by YouTube(ing) limp wrist and proper pistol gripping.

You are new and inexperienced, we welcome you. We are glad you came here and will help you. We were all new before and understand, willing to assist.

FWIW, this is the only Taurus weapon I have but it jams more ('easiest' is more accurate) if not gripped right. My other (in my opinion) better quality pistols don't ever jam. But, once you learn the proper grip then neither will yours. Don't give up or get discouraged, learning will solve your issue. Have fun and keep shooting!

·
Registered
954 Posts
I saw the ammo shortage coming over a year ago,bought a lot of ammo in particular 9mm,22lr,556, 308 .every week I would invest $ 100 on ammo ,As far as shortage of firearms never thought it would get this bad,reluctant to sell anything unless I have a prospective purchase lined up !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts