Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a recommendation for a left hand (or Ambi) holster for my new 24/7 OSS DS .45 ACP. Belt type,outside the pants type.

I really want the Kydex type but I cannot find one specially fitted to this pistol. I don't mind the nylon holster with the mag pouch, so that's an option also. I just want something that I can rely on fitting correctly. What have you used, even if it's right hand. Maybe I can get a LH model.

I found, and bought, a Serpa CQC carbon fiber (kydex type) belt & paddle type model that was really made for a full size HK-UPS but was SUPPOSED to fit, so said the seller. However, the trigger guard lock does not work properly as the holster is a little small in that area. Since the front sight is also pretty tall on the .45, it was really snug there also. I can jam the pistol in but it takes a lot of force to release the trigger guard retention lock. It was close, so instead of sending it back I decided that I might be able to modify it a bit with a file and dremel and make it work, but although I helped it some, it's still not right. It's too small of an area inside to get into it safely with a dremel, and filing didn't help much. I modified the bottom so that the front sight would slide OK, but that finger operated release needs more than one finger to release it. In an emergency it would not be a quick release.

Help a brother out please!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I need a recommendation for a left hand (or Ambi) holster for my new 24/7 OSS DS .45 ACP.

I really want the Kydex type but I cannot find one specially fitted to this pistol. I don't mind the nylon holster with the mag pouch, so that's an option also. I just want something that I can rely on fitting correctly. What have you used, even if it's right hand. Maybe I can get a LH model.

I found, and bought, a Serpa CQC carbon fiber (kydex type) belt/paddle type model that was really made for a full size HK-UPS but was SUPPOSED to fit, so said the seller. However, the trigger guard lock does not work properly as the holster is a little small in that area. Since the front sight is also pretty tall on the .45, it was really snug there also. I can jam the pistol in but it takes a lot of force to release the trigger guard retention lock. It was close, so instead of sending it back I decided that I might be able to modify it a bit with a file and dremel and make it work, but although I helped it some, it's still not right. It's too small of an area to get into safely with a dremel, and filing didn't help much. I modified the bottom so that the front sight would slide Ok, but that finger operated release needs more than one finger to release it. n an emergency it would not be a quick release.

Help a brother out please!
Hello man!! I'm using a IMI Z-1190 Holster, is similar to your ITAC holster, made specifically for Taurus 24/7, fits perfectly and is level II retention, I like so much this holster, found just one problem, the paddle leaves the gun, just a little away from our body, making more difficult to conceal. But is very reliable.

View attachment 21790

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hello man!! I'm using a IMI Z-1190 Holster, is similar to your ITAC holster, made specifically for Taurus 24/7, fits perfectly and is level II retention, I like so much this holster, found just one problem, the paddle leaves the gun, just a little away from our body, making more difficult to conceal. But is very reliable.

View attachment 21790
Is your's for the .45, which I think has a taller front sight than the 9mm & 40?

I don't think I could get used to that paddle. I tried the paddle rig with my Serpa holster and that's too much inside my pants on my hip... I'm too boney I guess!
I need he belt type, and I see that that's an option with your model. I also need LH, and I see none of this type.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased a Blackhawk Serpa for my .40 OSS that workd perfectly. The Blackhawk part number is 410519BK-R. This is a right hand holster as designated by the last digit of the part number. The correct left hand part number should be 410519BK-L.

I bought mine through Optics Planet and recieved free shipping.

GTO688

·
Registered
27,136 Posts
Like GTO I carry my .45 OSS in a Blackhawk Serpa CQC. It's been my primary carry for over a year now. As you might guess, there is significant holster wear - but that's inherent in Kydex. I have been very happy with the rig - on an Akers belt. If you are going to carry an OSS, do yourself a favor and invest in the best belt you can find.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I'll save you some cash and recommend getting a good custom leather holster made to fit. I'm sure everyone here has a box full of store bought holsters that didn't cut the mustard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use a Blackhawk Serpa Holster that fits a Springfield XD. The guns are similar at my 24/7 9 mm Pro fits perfectly. I carry for work every day and have for the past 3 years with this holster. No problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is your's for the .45, which I think has a taller front sight than the 9mm & 40?

I don't think I could get used to that paddle. I tried the paddle rig with my Serpa holster and that's too much inside my pants on my hip... I'm too boney I guess!
I need he belt type, and I see that that's an option with your model. I also need LH, and I see none of this type.
Hi! My is on .40, I don't know if will fit in .45 but you can find it for LH and ask to seller if could be used with a .45 caliber, and you can find in belt or drop leg options too, option I bought mine on ebay.co.uk, the seller is from Israel.

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
I use a Blackhawk Serpa Holster that fits a Springfield XD. The guns are similar at my 24/7 9 mm Pro fits perfectly.
Same here. Fits both my 9mm 24/7 Pro and my .45 24/7 OSS. Mine is the Blackhawk Serpa Sportster for the Springfield XD and a lot of other Holsters for the Springfield XD will fit 24/7's. Blackhawk now makes Holsters directly for the 24/7 series and those should be considered first. Also look at the ITAC Holsters.

Also look at Safariland Holsters or give them a call. Very durable and lined for protection of the Finish.
http://www.safariland.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts