Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 13 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been a Taurus revolver guy up until now (and, no, my revolvers aren't going anywhere), but I have determined that I am going to pick up a 24/7 OSS when they are available. The grip of the 24/7 fits my small hand well, and I figure the OSS should be a splendid bowling pin pistol.

Now here's the issue. I kinda sorta have my eye on a PT945. Again, it seems to fit my hand really well. But I don't "need" it ... and I don't even have a good reason to buy one ... except that I seem to want one. So if someone can throw in some less-than-stellar experiences that will convince me to pass on the PT945, it would really help me (at least financially ;D).

Thanks,
dogfood

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey folks, thanks for the replies ...

In general, I know that the PT945 does not seem to "fit" those with larger hands. I am not one of those guys. The EAA Witness, as well as the Taurus 92/99, Beretta 92, Springfield .45 XD, etc., are all uncomfortably large for me. On the plus side, my shooting hand has never experienced hammer bite with any firearm. I picked up a PT945 and it felt great. I'm not sure where there is one around locally that I can shoot first, though.

AFS - I'm not sure why you lefties get left out in the rain on firearm designs most times. It seems like, as a whole, there is a large enough lefty market to warrant your own line of opposite-side-engineered autos. The AR receiver makers are doing it.

jwc - The 24/7 alternate you suggested is a very sound, practical idea. Note, however, that this potential purchase started with no basis in need or practicality ... so there's no sense in throwing that in now. ;D

As for the rest of you who said to buy one ... well, I think you're just looking for rationalization to purchase your next unneeded firearm.

dogfood

1 - 2 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.