Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I purchased a Rio Grande 30-30 a little while ago. The looks and finish are excellent and shoots nice as well. Sadly I purchased the rifle and had to let it sit for a while with school and work. The issue I am having is the lever keeps getting jammed closed after a shot and it take multiple attempts to get it open. It cycles rounds through it fine when I have not fired. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how was it fixed?

Thank you

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,732 Posts
Postage stamp Font

Can't help with the Rossi, but have you tried Customer Service?

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Text Yellow Font Electric blue Graphics
From Northeast Florida! Sorry, don't have a Rio Grande and my Winchester 30-30 lever has no problems for a 45+ year old gun. Hope someone will be by soon to help you with this problem.:thumb:

Yellow Emoticon Costume hat Headgear Icon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have called customer service but I would need to ship my firearm to them, was hoping there might just be a simple fix to avoid the trouble and not having it

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
I can't help you with the Rossi issue, but wanted to take the opportunity to say

Welcome to the forum and the Taurus family from NJ !

Postage stamp Paper product

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
Sorry, wish I could help. I would suggest taking it apart and checking that everything is together properly. I used YouTube to take mine apart the first time to clean it up good.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
From following his reports on the Rossi-Rifleman forum, it seems he has narrowed the problem down to a specific brand of ammo: Monarch (PPU).

·
Premium Member
11,331 Posts
Isn't Monarch steel cased ammo?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts