Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Field stripped my 24-7 c and went to put it back together. The re-coil spring fell out of place and i had a heck of a time getting the slide off. Now the recoil spring will not compress. Any ideas??

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Called the gun dealer today and Taurus. It went off in the mail back to Taurus today. They would not ship the new spring until the old one was sent back. Nobody seamed to have any idea what i was talking about and acted like they never heard of this before. :???:
I am glad I have plenty of backups available as I may want to go to church or the mall shopping!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, Already shipped it back. The guide rod appeared to be bent. If it was it was , only slightly.The guide rod is steel in this gun. It would not go back into position on the barrel as the spring would not compress at all. Gun only has a couple of hundred rounds through it. I was very happy with the gun and it has been flawless until re-assembly. I may have done something to the rod when the spring jumped out of place during re-assembly. Had a he** of a time getting the slide back off. :???:

·
Registered
159 Posts
The exact same thing happend to my Pro .45 when I was cleaning it on Sunday. After compressing just the spring (not touching the guide rod) it finally broke free and started compressing like it should. Not sure what happened but it works fine now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts