Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was givin a pt140 mil pro. Not at all like my sig... It was given to me because it won't fire. Or strip down. Or dry fire. Or cock. It seems to be intact and fully functional. Except it doesn't work. I'm not used to striker fired handguns. I'm familiar with my sig229e2 and my duty pistol(m9). Please help me get this gun up and running. I am at a loss with what to do if I can't even field strip it.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

All Taurus pistols are covered by the Taurus Lifetime Warranty. I suggest that you contact Taurus Customer Service and share this with a representative.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Do you have the TSS key and is the slide possibly locked ?? - that's what it sounds like to me. This would prevent jacking slide, pulling trigger or field stripping. The TSS is on the right rear side of slide - if it is not flush with side of slide, then it is engaged / protruding and you need the key (3/32" with security hole in center - cannot use std. hex key). If this is the case you can get a key from Taurus or possibly one of the members here that don't use them would be kind enough to send you one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The slide is not locked. I can rack the slide and chamber a round with no issue. Only when I try to fire nothing happens. There is no tell tale click of a dry fire. Just a smooth trigger pull. It doesn't dry fire. Therefore I can't strip it to try to fix it.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Like MilProGuy said, you need to call Taurus customer service @ 1-800-327-3776 or 1-305-624-1115.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Gotcha!! Send that puppy to Miami.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I packed it up tonight. Dropping it off at fed ex in the morning. Disappointed I had to pay $50 to ship it when I live so close to Miami. But when I called they said I can't drop it off. Only by mail... bummer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts