Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum and not sure if I have the right area for this post please forgive me if it is not. My daughter bought a new PT840c at a gun show last weekend for home defense. We took it out for target practice the other day. Shooting at targets roughly 30 feet and some 50 feet they all shot low about 12inches. Three of us shot the pistol with the same results so it wasn't just my daughter's aim. Instead of lining up the three dots on the sights you had to aim with the front post dot way above the rear sights dots in order to get on target. Is anyone else having this problem? Does Taurus make a replaceable shorter front sight or is this something that covered under warranty that Taurus will repair? Thanking in advance on help with this matter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wishbone, Did you resolve your problem with sight? I too purchased an 840C at a gun show a couple months ago. Took it out to shoot and could not believe how far off the sights were. Last week I purchased a .40CAL laser bore sight and found that at 20 ft. my sight was off to the right by 6 inches. It seems to me that Taurus slides the front/rear sights on, applies some Loctite, cranks down the set screw and sends them out the door without using a bore sight. I tried last night too loosen the sights so I could rough adjust the sights before going to the range and was unable to remove the sights. Had to take the weapon to a gunsmith to drill out the screws which rendered my sights (NOVAK 3 dot white) useless. I will be replacing the sights with Williams Fire sights - Taurus Millenium Series, 24/7, Dovetail, Green/Red #70897 Please let me know if you heard anything from Taurus about replacement parts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What I found out it is the trigger pull. You pull the trigger and then you relax and the gun goes off. Just hold the sights on target longer and that should work. I do know what you mean about the gun. I shot at a target at 10 yards and only blew off his nuts, but finally learned to hold the gun and target longer and now I can hit a paper plate at 10 yards every time. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOSon and wishbone...did u guys ever get the sight issue fixed? I just bought a 840c...haven't been to the range yet and would like to make sure I have the information I need to get the gun sighted in...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts